DAY 6: The Best Way to Declutter & Organize Paper Clutter All Over Your Home

ApartmentTherapy
ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

edited September 21 in Decluttering

It's day six of Apartment Therapy's Decluttering Cure! Today, we're going to take down our paper clutter. This task will require you to dig in more since paper piles can be a mix of practical and sentimental things and can be found everywhere. Tell us below how your day went. What pile did you tackle today?

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 388

Paper clutter has a way of piling up when we're not looking 👀

Tackle it bit by bit and give yourself permission to let go of anything that isn't serving you!

• Zephy
    Zephy Posts: 28 ✭✭

I'm devoting my entire Cure this year to paper clutter and the stationery supplies, memorabilia, etc. that wound up in my desk. I'm getting rid of a lot, but it seems like I have more paper in my home than any other material (if you also count books, photos, art . . .). More of my recent stuff is on the computer, so it seems like the paper mass isn't growing as fast as before. There's also a lot of fabric, metal, wood, plastic. When you look at things as materials, it seems strange that it's so hard to get rid of stuff! You separate out all the emotions and see that most things are just not worth much in themselves; it's the meaning you attach to them that's hard to deal with. Sigh.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 388

I relate to this! When I was going through my desk, I found so many scrap samples from old design projects, notebooks, etc. While I don't necessarily need them anymore, they feel sentimental to me because they bring me back to a certain place and time. I'm really trying to encourage myself to think differently about some of these items, but there are a few things I know I'm going to hold onto