Jewelry chaos

Nanuschka
Nanuschka Posts: 2

I have decades of jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, rings, and pins, primarily) that I have created or collected. No “store-bought” solutions that I have seen meet my requirements: capacity, protection of pieces, usability and access to items, and effective organization of collection. HELP!

Comments

• Ilovepadthai
    Ilovepadthai Posts: 1
    edited July 22

Probably there won’t be one thing that works but a variety of solutions. One thing that helps me with earrings and rings is buying a plastic box that has multiple cubbies. Sometimes the dividers can be removed. I was skeptical at first b/c it’s not a pretty solution, but it is compact and fits neatly in a drawer. Love it. (I have more than one.) Now necklaces… hmmmm 😃. This is one pic but there are a million different ones.

• lees515
    lees515 Posts: 2

I have a number of long-ish, vintage-y style necklaces, so they're heavy ish (picture vintage beads), not petite . I "store" them in different ways. 1) I hammer thin, gold (brass) nails on the frames of art that II put inside a wooden frame. Then drape the jewelry on the nails. The frames are wood and cheapish (from Amazon), so putting a nail into framing the part doesn't hurt them, and I think it looks pretty cute. It doesn't look messy or crowded because I limit 1 -2 necklaces per nail. I also have metal, over-the-door hooks—again, vintage like and from Amazon—where you can layer necklaces on the hooks. And lastly, I'll hammer some gold nails into door trim, and hang the jewelry there. This not only has stuff out in the open so you remember you have it, it's not fussy, but it's organized.

• JBJ66
    JBJ66 Posts: 1

one good sized drawer and plastic ice cube trays for earrings and small stuff.

• deborah8144
    deborah8144 Posts: 1

T-pins and a cork board. Large or several small ones. Can paint to match decor.

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

wow! what great solutions — I've definitely picked up a few tips while reading these clever comments. @Nanuschka if you're looking for storage specifically for necklaces, there's this incredible Amazon hanging jewelry organizer.

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

AT has covered this Amazon floor-length mirror that doubles as jewelry storage, and i think it's so smart! i don't personally own one (not enough jewelry to fill it haha) but it looks really convenient and easy to access

• MeganBakerDetloff
    MeganBakerDetloff Posts: 100

Expert

@Nanuschka are you open to a pegboard? i use one from IKEA for my office supplies and I love how customizable they are. There are lots of hooks, drawers, shelves, etc that you can fill the board with to make it work for the specific pieces you have.

• yyoonie91
    yyoonie91 Posts: 7

I recently purchased a jewelry organizer, and it has transformed my daily routine. With its sleek design and multiple compartments, I can neatly store all my necklaces, bracelets, rings, and earrings in one place. The anti-tarnish lining keeps my pieces shiny and new, while the transparent lid allows for easy viewing. It’s compact yet spacious, fitting perfectly on my dresser without taking up too much space. Finding the right accessory is now a breeze, saving me time and keeping my collection beautifully organized. Highly recommend for any jewelry lover!

• Nanuschka
    Nanuschka Posts: 2

wonderful ideas! I historically used a map chest like @logc suggested, but no longer have room for it since I downsized. I miss it! I will investigate all your suggestions—they are creative and fun. Thank you!