Need some ideas for my next dorm!

angielolo
angielolo Posts: 4

Community Manager

edited July 2 in Design Questions

I will be a senior next semester and love decorating my room a little different each school year! The problem is that I want the room to feel new but do not want to buy too many new pieces! Below is my last dorm room. Any tips? I am definitely a cottage core girly 🎀

Comments

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

Wow your dorm room is so much more gorgeous than mine ever was! I think a pretty easy way to update the look could be a fresh throw blanket and new peel and stick wallpaper! You could even try thrifting the blanket to save money. Have you thought about finding or making fresh art for the white frames? You could also update some of the pieces you already might have — like add fringe to your lamp's lampshade or paint it! Are you hoping to make the room look like a new style direction? Or just a fresh look?

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 317

Your dorm is already so charming with the pieces you have! Adding some pillow shams could be a great, budget-friendly way to refresh your space. I also love the art suggestion above. If you're into crafts, you could try making some floral patterns to fit your current frames. Here's a design I think you might like:

And this would be a fun DIY to hang on your wall:

You could hang up letters, dried florals, or photos that fit the cottage core vibe while still being personal to you 🌸

• angielolo

Community Manager

Thank you for the tips!!! I'm aiming for the same style direction just a little fresh look! I am definitely changing out the wall paper and adding new art- (still deciding if I should introduce another color point)

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

wow @angielolo! your dorm room is STUNNING 🤩 I think new throw pillows will add some color without being too expensive. also, are those real or fake plants? I think adding in some bright flowers would make your room look/smell fresh! please share how you update the space :)

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

ok @angielolo this is dorm room goals. i love how you've designed this, it's so cozy and inviting! i agree with @AdrienneBreaux about updating the lamp shade…you can paint it with some subtle light pink stripes, or find a floral fabric that matches your wallpaper and hot glue it on

• angielolo

Community Manager

@BlairDonovan thank your for the stripes idea! I lovveeeeee!!