Picture too small for wall what can I add ?

SarahKrock
SarahKrock Posts: 8
edited July 2 in Design Questions

My aunt painted this picture of my daughter and I have it hanging in the room I work in but it’s too small on it’s on. Advice on what to add ?

Comments

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

Well, I think just adding an elaborate/large frame could add some gravitas to the piece!

But, if you don't want to go that route or want something a little more affordable, you could paint a "frame" around the piece! Just a rectangle or even a shape:

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

Love @AdrienneBreaux's idea of painting a shape around the frame! Alternatively, have you ever considered creating a gallery wall? If you're looking for some inspiration, AT's covered 45 fabulous gallery walls.

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

This, OR put a small piece of furniture (side table, low bookcase etc.) underneath it and plan a tablescape that’ll connect visually with the painting.

• SarahKrock

Love all the ideas !!!!! Thank you so much:))))

• SarahKrock

Just found an large beautiful frame at a consignment shop! I'll post picture soon! Problem solved 😍

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

Can't wait to see the frame @SarahKrock ! I also think you could do a little gallery cluster to fill the space. Not a full-on gallery wall but a couple of smaller pieces to go on the same wall.

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

edited June 13

I was just going to suggest a big frame - it's such a nice piece of art it really deserves to be framed. Can't wait until the update!! (It's such a beautiful painting)

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 317

Love this and was just coming here to say, painting a shape or thick border behind artwork is such a fun way to make a piece feel more grand! 💫

• MeganBakerDetloff
    MeganBakerDetloff Posts: 100

Expert

just coming here to comment how sweet it is to be able to display such a sentimental piece in your home! Your aunt has some serious talent!

This piece for sure deserves a frame, whether that's a traditional one or a painted border. Can't wait to see what you do!