Help with the last piece of this tiny nursery?

LauraSchocker
LauraSchocker Posts: 10

Expert

edited July 2 in Design Questions

Our new baby is coming any day now and this tiny nursery is almost ready. But I can’t decide what goes on this last wall next to the rocker. We’ll probably park his bassinet there for the first bit after he leaves our room. But what about after that? An art print with a big basket underneath? Or is wall shelving more practical? What would you do?

Thank you!!

Comments

• Avid
    Avid Posts: 5

This is a stunning room. But I think this kind of style should be saved for an office, not a baby's room. Tired moms and babies need soothing colors and mobiles. So, move those jarring decals over the baby's bed to that wall, for your visual impact and around the baby's bed, add soothing colors, mobiles, etc. When you're resting in that chair, you can be inspired by your ooh-la-la design then turn your head to the other side and be soothed.

• KylieMcConville
    KylieMcConville Posts: 15

Expert

@LauraSchocker I absolutely LOVE this! What a visually inspiring and creative space you've built! I am so excited for your family. I love the idea of a big print with a basket underneath when the time comes — what a smart way to add sneaky storage and stash toys that are still easy to grab for the kids 🙂

• amandafrederick
    amandafrederick Posts: 3

I love this room! What a joyous space you'll be spending a lot of time in. Thank you for sharing. I agree with a fun piece of art and a basket. Baskets are a godsend for all of the small toy pieces that inevitably accumulate. You'll be glad to have it. Congratulations!

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

You could go with some of those colorful Mustard Made lockers if there's one that would fit! That could be a great way to stuff toys out of sight, too!

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

Those decals are so cute! Very Matisse! I'm into the basket and art approach, but a locker could be very cute as well! Maybe a Novogratz one, since the footprint is so compact?

• LauraSchocker

Expert

thanks for your comment @Avid! Isn’t it cool how what’s soothing to one person isn’t to another? This room makes me so happy — and it’s my second baby, so I know just what I’m looking for. Also there will be a tired dad in there half the time too 😂😂

• LauraSchocker

Expert

Thanks so much @amandafrederick — I think you and @KylieMcConville have me convinced, I really appreciate it!

• CJCreggsGoldfish
    CJCreggsGoldfish Posts: 3

I'd get more yellow in there to keep it from being so neutral - looks a bit stark with just beige and gray and black. I'd get either one tall art or a column of smaller arts for the wall to the right of the shelves.

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

Um @LauraSchocker! Please share this GORGEOUS nursery on Cubby!! ☺️