Way behind

Jem
Jem Posts: 1
edited September 24 in Decluttering

Day one of this wonderful Apartment Therapy I'm at the emergency room with Dr's taking Xray's of my right arm. They have found a mass. I have pain. but not serious. Just can't use my rt. arm. It's moved up into a nerve. Now I have no movement in rt. arm and PAIN! So all my decluttering plans are on hold until this gets dealt with.

Sadly I did have to rehome my beloved bunny Luna. I couldn't care for her.

I have managed to do the task of collecting paper clutter. I put it all in a (shoe) box that you put together from Ikea. All of my reciepts I need for taxes go in one box. Dr. visits for this year detailing what was done and by which Dr. Meds, etc. in another. My union and banking in a third. The last one has stamps envelopes, cards, birthday etc. to be sent.

I bought 120 of these green shoe box size put-together-boxes. They have been a life line to my decluttering. I like conformity, and I mark each one in markers, in bold script the contents. I white it out if they change. They contain the majority of my everyday craft/art supplies. stack great for storage, and for season changes. Nice for the fact they are never too heavy…except right now.

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 388

Oh no, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! Health comes first, so take care of yourself. You already accomplished a lot in the organizing/decluttering buckets though. I hope everything turns out okay over there. Keep us posted 💛

• marilyn1048
    marilyn1048 Posts: 1

That sounds really good. Have to go to IKEA. Storage is a problem for me.

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 101

Expert

@Jem I'm so sorry you've been through so much lately! Wishing you well on your recovery. Your health comes first.

I love that you found a solution that really works for you: the put-together boxes.