I need help remodeling my bathroom 🚽

sam_o
sam_o Posts: 50

Community Manager

edited August 14 in Design Questions

I need help remodeling my bathroom? Can someone help me with a place to start?

Tagged:

Comments

• Ms_Vickie2024
    Ms_Vickie2024 Posts: 3 ✭

I love it just the way it is! However, I would add color in floral or geometric prints that match era. Another suggestion — maybe to replace the vanity with an old desk or dresser.

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

edited August 13

omg @sam_o! the tile color! the mirror! it's all so gorgeous! what about painting the vanity a fun color to complement the tiles? or painting the walls? I'd also love to see some artwork on the walls, too!

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 20

Expert

I love this bathroom @sam_o ! I wonder if you could install peel-and-stick floor tiles to complement the amazing wall tiles? You can find such fun removable floor tiles — here's one example and here's another!

• StellaStreetcar
    StellaStreetcar Posts: 1 ✭
    edited August 14

This bathroom is adorable! I don't think you should touch the tiles, they are so cute. I agree with Alison that updating the floor would be a great place to start. I think the tile already has a big visual impact so maybe flooring with a small pattern or less bold would be good. If you have time/money to update the light and the vanity/sink that would be great.

3806061 Posts: 1 ✭

Hello, start small, paint that wall heater the same color as the green tile. Be sure you get gloss paint!! Then see where that inspiration takes you!! Have fun!! Also, get a black shower curtain. Is that a traditional window blind? If so, spray paint it black or get a new one. Put the toilet paper under the sink or in a closet. Get a dark wood sink cabinet. Gold faucet and towel bar. Gold switch plate cover. Then get a small black rug in front of the sink. Bleach the groat in the flooring; get it white again. Finally go to $ store and get several smaller picture frames all shapes for the walls. all different sizes Leave the black and white pictures in them (instant relatives) and spray paint (high Gloss) the frames black and some gold. Enjoy, sound fun and you could do this in a day and not spend over $50.00 or less. Post a new picture when you are done!! Julie K

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

So I had some free time and I thought I'd have fun and do a little mock-up for you haha.

Just thinking of the cheapest most effective changes with paint, a DIY curtain (could do black ties too, but would remove the current blinds) to bring a little softness, and just a fun print (I don't know your exact style), peel and stick tile, and a new toilet seat!

You could also contact paper the sink, and change out the light fixture.

Looking forward to seeing what you do!

• obrience
    obrience Posts: 1 ✭
    edited August 14

What are your biggest challenges in the space? I like what you have already., but you could update the shower curtain, add a small rug to complement and bring in more color, and then a shallow basket to tuck under the vanity for more storage.

• logc
    logc Posts: 3 ✭

The easiest- and cheapest- place to start would be with a new shower curtain and bath mat.

• Cheri
    Cheri Posts: 19 ✭

I agree that it's very nice the way it is - I also agree with logc - a colorful shower curtain and bath mat for the sink would get your creative juices flowing for not a lot of cash. I love the idea of painting or swapping the toilet seat to match your color scheme. Peel & stick tile is a way to test out how you like it without the commitment of tearing out and replacing tile. Paint is cheap - maybe a stencil on the vanity to add some color…

• Diane
    Diane Posts: 3 ✭

It's so great to have a clean slate to work with. I would change up the flooring, paint the vanity and install a new light fixture. You could always change the shower and sink hardware!

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

wow i'm so jealous of how of modern and neat your bathroom looks haha (can't relate). i'm not sure what style you're going for, but i love Quiet Town for really fun, modern shower curtains. or West Elm just did a collab with Rhode that's a little more cottage-y. you could also lean into the sleek, high-end aesthetic you have going now with an amber soap dispenser (Diptyque dupe!)

• ITSMEBETH2211
    ITSMEBETH2211 Posts: 1 ✭

The floor is fine, the tile is fine, the fixtures are fine - now to add color to your walls and a shower curtain with some interest. I had all white in my bathroom, too, and then painted the walls in Benjamin Moore's "Raccoon Fur", which I'd have called a black shade, but looks more of a mix of dark, dark blue and black when painted on the walls. It made all the difference in the world and I am so glad I did it. It "grounded" the room. And if you go that route, find a fun shower curtain that has color, but with a white background. It'll all make you happy. Alternately, paint your walls in any color and coordinate with the same description of shower curtain.

• Jaz
    Jaz Posts: 1 ✭

I love the simplicity of the bathroom - I'd just add one or two faux plants and place it on the edge of the sink - you can get some from IKEA, a nice diffuser. and maybe add a eucalyptus branch on the shower head. To finish - a lovely rug - maybe something vibrant if you want to add some colour…yellow or green - or something neutral if you want to keep it calm.

• jenepher4310
    jenepher4310 Posts: 2 ✭

this is a classic and timeless bathroom and I love the subway tiles on the wall and penny tile on the floor. I would simply identify a colour scheme you love (or that connects to the rest of your home) and add in towels, bath mat, shower curtain, artwork and accessories (jars etc) in that scheme. You could also warm it up with some organic materials (baskets, plants).

• Lily11811
    Lily11811 Posts: 6 ✭

I would paint all the tiles with a light colour (.makes the space appear bigger). It's not a difficult job and could be done by an amateur handyperson. Iwould change the window blind for a very simple block out blind using light or neutral tones. You can bring colour in with your towels.