How do you use rugs to define spaces in your home?

sam_o
sam_o Posts: 50

Community Manager

How do you use rugs to define spaces in your home? Share a picture of your favorite rug setup!

Tagged:

Comments

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

We have an open concept living/dining room, so rugs help to define the rooms beautifully — it wouldn't be the same without them!

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

So, I'm actually afraid of rugs LoL! I call them the bangs of the house, a big commitment that changes the entire look of your home.

I've never been able to commit to a style and always worry that they'll make my rooms look too busy/cluttered. If anyone has any rug tips, I'm all ears!

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45

Personally I don't use rugs at all because they tend to keep dust. But I absolutely love how they look.

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 20

Expert

Oh my gosh, @SNandez — I've never heard this before, but it's SOOOO accurate!: "I call them the bangs of the house, a big commitment that changes the entire look of your home."

I personally found this mega guide to choosing a rug so helpful!

• jw_berrih9
    jw_berrih9 Posts: 1

I struggle when it comes to rugs. I love the possibilities and the look, but I can never get it to look the way it does in my head, and I have yet to find a reasonably priced one that is easy to clean. (I have three cats and it doesn't matter where they are in the house; they will seek out the rug to barf on lol)

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

@SNandez "bangs of the house" !!!! This is amazing. Personally, I love using rugs, and I always recommend them to my clients. I was recently working with someone who felt stumped on their living room design — she was anti-rug — but I swayed her, and now the living room feels so much more complete!

• yyoonie91
    yyoonie91 Posts: 7

Hi, everyone! I don't have carpets at home because I have a cat, and it may not be very hygienic. Cats often leave hair and can also sharpen their claws on carpets, which makes it difficult to care for them. However, I like carpets in living rooms, they add coziness and create a sense of completeness to the interior. Carpets can perfectly delineate seating areas and make the space warmer and more comfortable. I admire beautiful interiors with carpets and always get excited when I see well-matched carpets at my friends' houses or in photos!

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Hahaha, they are though! I definitely like the idea of them, and can always see how they help a space. I'm just so scared to commit to one in mine LOL