How do you organize your shoes at home?

DanielaAraya
DanielaAraya Posts: 304
edited July 5 in Organizing

I'd love to know how you all organize your shoes at home. Do you have a favorite shoe organizer or rack? I have one of those over-the-door racks and soft shoe cubbies, but I've been considering something like this for my closet:

What do you all like to use?!

Sincerely, someone with way too many shoes 😬

Comments

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

Frequently worn shoes are on the bottom shelf of a shelving unit just inside the door. Shoes I wear less often are stored in the closet. Tall boots are on the floor, stuffed to keep their shape, but the rest are in the original boxes on shelves to keep dust away.

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

I have a small bookcase in our closet that I use for shoe storage. It's foldable and I've had it for years and it's served many an iteration in it's time. Currently as a shoe shelf it's living it's best life (books are elsewhere haha). Though I would like to get some kind of shoe drawer situation because there's definitely some vertical space not being utilized. I.e. I could double the amount of shoes I own! Haha 😂

• DanielaAraya

@SNandez going vertical to double the amount of shoes owned?! Okay now we're talking 😂 Using a bookcase is a good idea though!

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

has anyone tried IKEA's BISSA shoe cabinet? I've always considered getting one for my shoe storage but would love to hear from someone if they've purchased it/enjoyed it!

• DanielaAraya

Oooo following! I also feel like IKEA's BISSA would be fun to DIY and enhance @CullenOrmond!

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

I use shelves that aren't meant for shoes! I've used the open spaces rack, sapien style shelves, wine racks, etc!

• DanielaAraya

@DanielleBlundell this is so clever! I might have to try this now

• MaryB
    MaryB Posts: 34
    edited July 19

I have a built in wardrobe in bedroom. One shelf is dedicated to shoes. I got these clear plastic boxes that open at the front from Solutions, now no longer around in Canada. (similar to the USA Container Store). This system for me is the best I’ve had. Bit of a game putting shoes away every night so I don’t start the habit of leaving them on the floor. I have 11 boxes, these 9 and 2 on another shelf. I like the IKEA shoe cabinets too. Have seen them side by side with a nice plank on top

• DanielaAraya

Goals! This looks so organized. Onto researching options I go!