What's your favorite (and least favorite!) area to organize in your home?

CullenOrmond
CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

edited July 3 in Organizing

I'll go first: I love folding sweatshirts (it's so niche but I feel super relaxed while doing it) and loathe reorganizing my spice cabinet. I wish I had a drawer, but all I have is a super tiny cabinet so I haven't quite found a way to organize it yet. (Open to suggestions!)

Comments

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

Definitely our pantry area! I don't understand how to keep an area tidy when the contents are constantly changing!

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

UGH my two biggest problem spots are the front closet in my apartment — it's scary — and my bathroom vanity cabinet. I did just find a $5 3-tier shelf from Target (in the Bullseye section) that i'm hoping might help my bathroom storage situation…

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

the only thing I really "enjoy" reorganizing is my kitchen area since I'm the cook - fridge/cabinets/etc/etc. that being said, I always feel sooo relaxed after I do any reorganizing project — I have reorganized two closets and two drawers this year. maybe if I'm disciplined enough I'll reorganize them all by August 😂

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

When you have a lot of stuff and have to suddenly downsize into a much smaller place with only two closets, your least favorite areas to organize are “all of them”.

That said, the laundry room cabinets are by far the most frustrating spots because they’re above the (full-sized) washer and dryer…and at 5’5”, I’m too short to reach anything in them. I have a stepladder, but the room is VERY narrow, and it’s tricky to use a ladder in there!

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

Ooo, great question! I really enjoy organizing (and reorganizing) and decluttering my cosmetics and beauty products because it's so satisfying to discover products I bought and have forgotten to use. It reminds me to play with them/put them in rotation before they expire. Whenever I do it, I discover a new lip gloss or serum that I forgot I bought and really wanted to try. (A good problem to have, I know.) On the other hand, I truly despise decluttering the pantry or the cabinets that hold the pots and pans. It never works, is always more frustrating that satisfying and I always feel like I need to buy some type of organizer to truly make it work. So, for that reason, I avoid that task the most.

• JankyB
    JankyB Posts: 2

I love to categorize and reorganize my books. That actually is fun. I used to feel the same about DVD's and CD's before I got rid of all of them. Which in seriously considering doing with most of the books.

I also get really excited to use a new organizational tool (like over the door pantry shelves or label maker) and I love using new cleaning tools (like a new vacuum and all the attachments)... But only the first time. I'll go through the house with a new vacuum trying all it's possible uses on day 1, but after that I have no interest ever again. I'm forcing myself to change in that regards. We'll in regards to all things decluttering/organizing/ shopping/ cleaning.

• JankyB
    JankyB Posts: 2

I also love organizing my skin care products, FYI

• MaryB
    MaryB Posts: 34

My problem is motivation! I like organizing every area, but least the front hall closet. Small condo but a good size closet. So you know what that means…. It’s stuffed. A month or so ago I started bringing home 2-3 boxes (work in health field lots of nice clean boxes) every weekend. The boxes were motivation to fill them as I have no where to store boxes! The front closet is still calling though, as I sorted the kitchen. My storage locker UGH, have 2 weeks off, should be able to tackle that.

• kraftdinnerlang
    kraftdinnerlang Posts: 2

It's easiest for me to organize the bathroom, hardest for me to organize my paper files... but I have the strongest feelings about organizing the bedroom closet. It's the biggest closet in the apartment, so it pulls double duty as closet and craft supplies storage room. Every time I try to start organizing it, I get stuck halfway through! 😅