Name something you'd like to see more of in homes šŸ‘‡

ApartmentTherapy
ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

edited July 2 in Design Questions

Pattern-clashing? Color? DIYs? Something else? Tell us what you're gravitating towards these days šŸ’¬

šŸ“ø: Esteban Cortez

Comments

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

First of all I love this photo. Something I've been really getting excited about personally is the return of the, like, Nora Ephron/Nancy Meyers-esque furniture (seen in this Joanna Gaines ruffle couch). I want those big, cushy love seats and really '90s style interiors like you see in You've Got Mail to come back. (But personally my home is more MCM/groovy ā€” lots of colors, textures, and nice classic wood furniture.)

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

I agree with you @LizzyFrancis. As a 90s rom com girl, I'm all about cozy spaces that make we want to curl up to a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, no matter the season!

• ApartmentTherapy
    ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

@LizzyFrancis @CharliPenn Count us in for 90's rom com aesthetic! šŸ˜

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 317 āœ­

Speaking of ruffles, more skirted sinks! They're adorable and actually so great at hiding clutter in the bathroom.

• mexicosue
    mexicosue Posts: 5 āœ­

Love comfortable and cozy spaces, lots of books, family framed pictures, candles, plants and color. Love the picture above too!

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 62 āœ­āœ­āœ­

Original features! Iā€™m so sick of seeing all the character and charm in older homes ripped out and replaced by bland gray/beige mediocrity (which is going to be horribly dated soon enough).

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

I love color drenching lately. If you're going to paint the walls, go all in and paint the ceiling, too!

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

I completely agree @SarahEverett! i love the cozy, monochromatic effect it can have on any room, big or small. i've bookmarked this house tour for inspo