Community Manager

edited June 5 in Design Questions

Comment your favorite tips to instantly give a room some new life. 👇

🏡: Abhilasha Sinha 

Comments

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

i love rotating different coffee table books between my nightstand, dresser, and console table. if you stack them, you can experiment with pairing different spine colors and book sizes

• ApartmentTherapy
    ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

so smart, and a great way to enjoy all of your favorite books! 📚

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

I'm really into re-arranging faux floral arrangements. Swapping vases, blooms and surfaces they rest on. It makes such an instant difference!

• ApartmentTherapy
    ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

• tonidbailey
    tonidbailey Posts: 7
    edited May 30

A deep clean, fresh coat of paint, decluttering, new throw pillows, a new area rug, sheer white drapes, a fresh room fragrance, fresh flowers and plants.

• Yolanda
    Yolanda Posts: 1

I like to dust, clean, and change up the window treatments.

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

Lately, I've been all about a scent refresh in and outside of my home. Now that the weather is finally summery in NYC, I'm looking for the perfect summer scent. I just treated myself to this beachy candle and got a matching perfume sample while I was at it!

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 317

Cleaning your windows, inside and out! I'm so surprised by how dirty they are every time. It feels so much brighter when they're clean. Also, picking flowers from the garden to enjoy inside 🌼

• KylieMcConville
    KylieMcConville Posts: 15

Expert

@CharliPenn I totally agree! For an instant pick me up I love moving plants (faux or real) around! Sometimes it gives me such a different view of the space that ends up leading to other creative changes!

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

That's so smart, @SarahEverett ! I love the idea of a "scent refresh" and thinking of it seasonally

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

Free is hard, but after a nice clean the smell of all the clean floors / surfaces, some wide open windows (and sun) and a burning candle really make me feel RE-SET.

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

For not quite free but cheap, I really love fresh cut flowers in a vase. That's my special treat to me :)

• AmeliaBeamer
    AmeliaBeamer Posts: 2

I have 8 frames that fit 11x14” art. I’ve found super cute downloads for a couple dollars from Etsy (so admittedly not ✨free✨) and I have them printed and switch them out any time I’m feeling bored of my space. The old ones all live in a big portfolio folder tucked next to my desk, and it can be fun to reuse one every now & then!

• angi
    angi Posts: 1

Throw pillow covers can inexpensively refresh a living room. Instead of purchasing additional pillows or inserts, just slip existing pillows into the pillow covers for an instant refresh.

• Maja
    Maja Posts: 1

I like to pick up some wild flowers growing around my home, put it in an old vase...and the world soon becomes much better 😊