(Other📍) Start here and introduce yourself!

DanielaAraya
DanielaAraya Posts: 317
edited September 11 in More Regions

Hi everyone! Welcome to the general regional board. This board was created so that everyone in other regions could connect with one another. Let's start with some introductions using the prompts below:

👋: What’s your name?

🌍️: Where are you joining us from?

🏓: What are some of your favorite hobbies?

💬: Pick five emojis to describe your home best

Feel free to introduce yourself by replying to this discussion. We can't wait to get to know you!

Tagged:

Comments

• poizen8131
    poizen8131 Posts: 1

Hi I'm Beth from PA. I love DIY projects, crafting, jewelry making, traveling and shopping. I'm looking to find ideas to make my home more cozy. At the moment it looks like a storage unit and that needs to be declutter.

• DanielaAraya

Welcome Beth! Please share pics of your space when you feel ready — I know everyone here would be thrilled to give advice and help out. Our Decluttering Cure also starts tomorrow if you're interested! It's a 14-day program to help you clear your home 😊

• Jedada
    Jedada Posts: 1

I must declutter if I want to live my retired years in peace and comfort- I retired in December of 2019 with HUGE plans for travel and more. By March we were shut down and it wasn't the retirement I expected. Since that time, I have gone beyond the accumulating years and need to have room for my grandkids to sleep over and more. I finally got rid of about 10 boxes of all my career related papers and books - kept 1/2 of a file box - and that took about a year to do! Now I have to do more- my mother's stuff and my mother in laws stuff - they died within 4 months of each other and we inherited everything from them. Time to get rid of ALL of it!! But it's hard!! I have about 10 feet of boxes of pictures some going back to the 1800s from Kiev, and Belarus, Poland, England, and more. I don't even know where to begin with the massive amount of pictures we have.

• b8301
    b8301 Posts: 1

Hi, I'm Mac from Minneapolis. I need to retire so I have more time for my hobbies which include rock tumbling, jewelry and crafts with natural materials, photography and herbal homeopathy. Our house is like a cabin with all knotty pine and wood floors, plants and art on the walls. We care for multiple senior animals so our clutter has to work around that. I love organizing containers and tidying things but it seems to never look any different which is frustrating. Also my husband will not part with anything - from tiny (paperclips) to big (furniture) so it seems crowded but cozy (I hope) My goal is to either be able to walk away from all this stuff or if not at least leave not a huge mess for my godchildren

• DanielaAraya

I've witnessed how overwhelming this can be on someone, and I feel for you. My mother in law had to go through this process when her father passed all while dealing with relocating her mom to another state to be closer to us. What seemed to work best for her was to lean on her support system. Do you have siblings, other family members, or friends that can help you on those tough days? She was able to get rid of mostly everything (she did a lot of research on where best to donate and tried to give things to people who would want them), but the sentimental pieces can be difficult! I know there are a lot of companies out there that can help you digitize photos. LegacyBox seems to take all types of media. You got this 💛

• DanielaAraya

Hi Mac! Your house sounds beautiful, and yes — so cozy! When it comes to decluttering, try and tackle sections at a time so you aren't feeling overwhelmed by the project as a whole. Are you joining us in our Decluttering Cure? Lots of tips in here!