Eclectic Maximalism

cre8ivenergy
cre8ivenergy Posts: 3
edited September 10 in Show & Tell

My name is Heidi and Heidi starts with H. I love my bright, funky, colorful home. I rent, so no painting walls, but I've manage to fill it with tons of patterns an colors. I collect 50s and 60s glassware, smiley faces, art and the letter H….lots of Hs. I have midcentruy modern pieces combined with contemporary. I have a French provincial bedroom set inherited from my grandmother. It has sentimental value to me, even though it's not my aesthetic, I made it look more modern by pairing it with with a mix a paisley prints and curtains!

My place was just featured in a local home magazine.
https://issuu.com/omahapublications/docs/oh0924_flipbook/30

Comments

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

Thank you for sharing your home with us @cre8ivenergy !! It's lovely and so colorful and vibrant. I really love your eclectic planter collection —  where are they from? And, is that a magnet collection I spot on your wall? What a fun way to arrange travel keepsakes! Would love to hear how you created it!

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45

I am not a fan of maximalism but this space feels so light and homely! Do you mind sharing the main color names/codes you have here?

• TerriPous
    TerriPous Posts: 31

Expert

Eclectic maximalism is the perfect way to describe it! I love your color "stories" throughout, too!

• cre8ivenergy

Thank you! Yes, that IS a travel magnet collection! In my old home, I had a long laundry room and had the metal sheets going horizontally down the room. This space didn't lend itself to that. They are just metal sheets from the hardward store. I had them predrill holes in them and then I used big-headed nails to attach them to the wall.
    As for the planters, like everything else, they've all been collected over time. Some of them used to have candles in them and were too cool to throw out. Some are thrifted. Some were purchased on etsy.

• cre8ivenergy

Well thank you! That's quite a compliment from someone who doesn't like all the "stuff" of maximalism. ;) But as for color names/codes — oh my no. I deal with those in my business (graphic design), but I just buy what I like and put it wherever, regardless of colors in the rooms. That's how I have a navy couch, with lime green chairs, and orange chair and hot pink pillows and art. LOL If you ask me what color my living room is, I'd answer, "all of them!"

• homiexpert
    homiexpert Posts: 2

So many great ideas for eclectic themes! Will definitely be using them in my interior space.