My Office Nook is a blank slate - need ideas!

DesignwithSoll
DesignwithSoll Posts: 12
edited July 2 in Design Questions

I love this little nook in our Long Island house and it is a great spot to work. I feel like it has potential for something dramatic and fun to go with the cool window screen outside. I want it have a unique flair but still stay cozy. My mind goes to a high-contrast modern or minimalist look that involves, perhaps a dark colored paint, and some accent pieces. Just not sure where to take it. Ideas anyone?

Note, the floors are more of a cream color than they appear in the picture.

Comments

• Rachel
    Rachel Posts: 15 ✭✭

oooh I totally vote for a dark paint color — maybe a dark navy?

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

I third a deep paint color vibe here. If navy doesn't work, what about a smoky grey? A bold rug or oversized bold art pieces could also give it a very modern gallery feel. I love big art on small walls. It breaks the rules but really works sometimes.

• DesignwithSoll
    DesignwithSoll Posts: 12

Love the ideas! I don't think I'd cover the window itself because I think the outside panel creates such a unique visual element that I want to preserve. That said, love the idea of warming up the space with natural textures and/or a rug. My lean was toward smoky grey walls but now thinking about the navy color - I also think they could nicely play off of the light color walls outside that space. A Moroccan rug would tie into another space in the house where we used a Moroccan tile offset with a bright orange wall in a separated toilet room.

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

@ericsoll I admit I couldn't quite tell what that was on the window!! I think a Moroccan rug with a touch of black along with natural colors or even orange colors would really tie the room together with the panel then!

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

+1 for navy and a Moroccan shag or vintage oushak!