Living room mantle styling- advice

I have waaay too much on this mantle, advice on what should stay /go? Or a whole new look is welcomed as well

Tagged:

Comments

• M0M
    M0M Posts: 8

I love this. What a wonderful fireplace with such beautiful photos! My 3 suggestions are:

1. Consider updating the photo frames to have a more uniform color scheme. Similarly, if the format of the photos (e.g., black and white, sepia) isn’t particularly meaningful to you, using a consistent format for all the photos could create a more cohesive look. 
    2. Try grouping similar items together rather than spacing them apart.
    3. If your mantel has enough depth, adding a larger piece behind everything—such as a mirror, monochromatic art, or a larger version of a photo—can help add visual interest and balance, drawing the eye upward.

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    edited October 22

Try for more asymmetrical vibes. It's so balanced which I think makes it look busier, give the items some room to breathe. One floral vase, move both candle sticks to one side (swap one with a shorter candle stick). And less photos, 3 is probably a good fit. Like @MoM said, keep frames and images in similar tone.

I'd love to see what you try!

• SarahKrock
    SarahKrock Posts: 11

Thank you for the feedback and helpful tips! I often get stuck when it comes to decor and styling. I'll send an updated picture soon! Really appreciate all the help