Help me improve this rental bathroom!

Would love to hear your advice on how to transform this rental bathroom into a brighter, family-friendly space for less than $100. Paint and peel-and-stick are not an option. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• wendy6983
    wendy6983 Posts: 9

Quite a challenge! Move the scale to another room as it takes up valuable space. Replace with a small square stool or storage cabinet the taller the better. Then ignore the beige! Find a classy material shower curtain ( they are water repellent and u won’t need that cold vinyl liner against your skin) and add the largest rug or two that will fit to cover most of the floor in your favorite color. Darker is more luxe and will add much needed warmth- just avoid a pattern.

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 25

Expert

I love @wendy6983 's idea for a rug and shower curtain! I know you said no peel and stick, but are you able to hang any art with Command strips?

• natalie8827
    natalie8827 Posts: 7

I agree with rug and simple shower curtain (darker colours are also more forgiving with families afoot). Consider adding high water plants (e.g. ferns) to the shelf by the shower head. Use a toiletries caddy that hangs off shower head to make toiletries accessible and remove labels from toiletries for less visual clutter (weird, but effective). And lastly, not sure how old your kiddos are, but we used to bath our baby under one in a large bucket in the shower that was washed and packed away between bathtimes. It made our shower-only bathroom pretty family friendly. Good luck.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 400

Would you like more storage in the bathroom? A colorful slim cabinet would add some life to the space while being functional for storing towels and other toiletries

+1 to a new shower curtain, bath mat, and plants! If you can use command hooks, some hanging plants would look awesome here