Any recommendations for kitchen storage shelving?

LizzyFrancis
LizzyFrancis Posts: 61

Expert

edited October 5 in Organizing

Hi there!

I recently got married (yippee) and now have real 8-piece sets of bowls/plates/etc and a few new appliances. I live in a Brooklyn apartment and while my kitchen is pretty generous, I'm still butting up against space issues. I'm looking for a shelving unit to take up some negative space in my kitchen + provide storage, but notably I don't want to get anything like the IKEA wire/open shelving (had it in the past and didn't love it.) Does anyone have any kitchen-friendly shelving/storage solutions they recommend, ideally with cabinets?

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 388

Congrats Lizzy! 🥂

How big is the space you're working with? Does it have to be tall, or do you have room for something wide? I found my kitchen hutch while antiquing in town, and it has provided me with so much storage! I wonder if you could find something secondhand that works for your space. My hutch is low and wide, but I love the look of this one from Urban—closed cabinets but also some glass to see through!

• MeganBakerDetloff
    MeganBakerDetloff Posts: 110

Expert

ooh love daniela's pick above! something with a little color could be fun, too, like this one from Amazon. but i agree that there are lots of used options for hutches if you're willing to put in some time on FB marketplace/in your local thrift!