DAY 11: Here’s How to Find and Fix Your Clutter “Problem Area”

ApartmentTherapy
ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

edited September 26 in Decluttering

It's day 11 of Apartment Therapy's Decluttering Cure, and we're going to be identifying a clutter problem area in our homes — and then addressing it. This could be a counter with items all over it, an overstuffed drawer, a messy cabinet, or disorganized shelves. Tell us what your clutter problem spot is below.

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 388

Every home has *that* spot — the one where clutter just loves to hang out. Today, pick one and give it a makeover

My problem area has consistently been my bedroom chair with piles of clothing stacking up. Can anyone relate? 😵‍💫 We got this!

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

I had to downsize into a much smaller space with very little notice - and my current digs have very little storage. I have been working on it, but my clutter problem area is my entire house!

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 101

Expert

edited October 5

@losfrangeles Downsizing is no easy feat! If you're looking for any creative ideas about storage for small spaces, I definitely recommend this article. Using tools like hooks, a pegboard, high shelfs, or slim, moveable cabinets can help add storage.

• hollynlh761881
    hollynlh761881 Posts: 2
    edited October 15

My biggest problem area is my coffee table and kitchen table, Help.

As of recently, as a result of sorting through items throughout my house, for downsizing purposes, exclusively in my living room, I've created an overwhelming situation for myself. I am disabled and in desperate need of two surgeries, lower back, and neck, second surgery for both, and the only way I can accomplish the decluttering process is to do it from my couch, seated, because the pain is unbearable within a couple of minutes of standing on my feet.