DAY 7: How to Declutter & Organize Sentimental Items Without Feeling Guilty

ApartmentTherapy
ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

edited September 22 in Decluttering

We are at the halfway point of Apartment Therapy's Decluttering Cure! How are things going for you? For day seven, we're going to deal with one of the hardest types of clutter: ones that have sentimental value. As you go through the assignment, make sure to take breaks and reach out for support. Tell us below what you notice about your sentimental clutter.

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 388

Halfway there, friends! Today might pull on our heartstrings a bit, so be easy on yourself. Breaks are highly encouraged, whether you need to take some time to yourself, call a friend, or lean on the community. Take this one slowly, and know that we're here for you! 🫶

• Zephy
    Zephy Posts: 28 ✭✭

Well, I've finished the file cabinet and am plugging away at my desk drawers now. Everything has been much easier than I expected, but I think the hardest decisions are coming at the end, as everything I'm not ready to deal with now I'm putting on the desktop for later! So the drawers are emptying, but the desktop is getting full. Still, I'm making progress and feeling excited about it.