Waiting for some advice

BEGROW
BEGROW Posts: 2
edited September 7 in Design Questions

I have been living in my house for several years now, and recently I feel that the door is a bit monotonous. I want to add a decoration to embellish it. I think some people will put flags on both sides of the door frame. I think I can give it a try, and I am someone who likes military surroundings. How about having an American style flag with sea carvings? I recently came across this website and it feels pretty good. Could you please give me some advice.

Comments

• AShannonS
    AShannonS Posts: 1

I like the idea of large iron and glass light pendants on each side to help showcase whatever accessories that you decide to help “frame” your door. Plus large planters on each side with a mixture of a perennial plant with a partner plant cascading over the sides of the planter. I’ve added some pictures/images from the internet of the ideas for a visual explanation. Happy decorating!

• BEGROW
    BEGROW Posts: 2

Thank you, this looks very helpful to me, I can refer to it.

• logc
    logc Posts: 3

Do you have a picture? It’s difficult without some idea of what it looks like now.

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

Planters, paint or new accent lighting can instantly change the mood/vibe around a door. Would love to see a photo!!

• Abbylane
    Abbylane Posts: 8

What a great question - the front of your home is very important. You are on the right track since you noticed this! In Feng Shui it is known as the Mouth of Chi and is where all energy enters a home. A few ideas would be:

painting the front door - if you own the home and are so inclined painting the front door adds an immediate spark.

Adding something to the front door - a wreath, basket of flowers, or other decorative item can add a lot to the entry.

Use "guardians" - these can be anything that flank both sides of the door. Traditionally Fu dogs but these could be plants as another comment mentioned, lanterns work great here or the flags you were interested in.

Hope this helps!!

xo

Abby

• MaxwellAT
    MaxwellAT Posts: 52

Expert

Pic Please so we can really give you good advice.

BUT painting your door a really nice, glossy color and upgrading your door handle, etc, will give it a real nice twist and is easier - in a way - than most other solutions.