Help updating powder room (1/2 bath)

We are looking to do a few updates in our first floor powder room - wallpaper, mirror, and lighting fixture. What are your thoughts between the two wallpapers, and what are your recommendations for a new lighting fixture and something to make the mirror cuter?

Comments

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

oooh tough call, but i think i like #2! i think the blue would contrast the rest of the white in the bathroom really nicely. are you able to paint the frame around your mirror? a black or gray border could be nice

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45
    edited August 30

I just loved the first wallpaper! As for the mirror, I don't think you'll need to change anything once the wallpaper is up. A carefully painted trim could fit though.

And I'd suggest you redesign your bathroom in 3d before buying/removing anything, probably in something like planner5d. It has a cool Room Scan tool if you have iOS.

Hope this helps, GL with the refresh! I think you have a lovely small bathroom.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

Beautiful wallpaper options! I think it depends if you want a bold statement (#2) or something that blends more with the white in the bathroom (#1). If this were my bathroom, I'd go with #1 and bring in some of those darker shades of blue through accessories and potentially paint — I love @BlairDonovan's idea about painting around the mirror.

Could you replace the mirror or is that staying? I found a couple of nice options for medicine cabinet style mirrors that could work (I don't know your measurements though):

For lighting, Mitzi is my go-to for something that feels modern and beautiful but doesn't totally break the bank.