Upstairs Reno - Bedrooms / Laundry

Megandf
Megandf Posts: 7

We recently renovated our guest bedrooms and turned the hallway into a laundry area.

We raised the ceiling and did an exposed beam look + added sky lights to brighten it up.

We are really happy with how it turned out.

Comments

• user6206155
    user6206155 Posts: 1

BeeeaUTIFUL!!! LOVE the rug pattern and the paint colors you chose for the cabinets! Laundry is actually one of my FAVORITE chores - and I'd LOVE to do it in this space (even MORE)!!!! Seriously! The ceiling detail and sky light are AWESOME, too! Nice job!!! 😉

• RenderingDreams
    RenderingDreams Posts: 1
    edited August 22

Thank you for sharing! It looks fantastic and clean lines. I have the same style of house and wanted to move my laundry upstairs. Were there any issues with connecting your dryer or needing extra insurance/permits to do that? (I know permits are localized...) Or any regrets to having it upstairs vs downstairs?

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

This is a very smart use of a wide hallway - especially since sloping ceilings can be tricky.

• Megandf

We didn't have any issues. We had to have an electrician run the proper wiring for the dryer and we had to run a bit of plumbing for the washer. I also added rubber dampening feet on the bottom so that they don't shake. That worked well, we don't really notice them while they are running.

No regrets, I absolutely love having them upstairs compared to hauling laundry up and down to the basement.

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

This is so gorgeous @Megandf ! I love the natural light streaming in and the green color of your cabinets. What shade is that?

• Megandf

@StephanieNguyen Thank you! The green is "Rainy Afternoon" by Benjamin Moore

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

Those beams! That light! The color! I love it all 😍

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

@Megandf amazing, thank you!

• Beth_C
    Beth_C Posts: 2

Gorgeous! What a great use of space!

• cahjan17
    cahjan17 Posts: 3