Your laundry day organizational heroes?

SarahEverett
SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

hi! i just did my least favorite chore: laundry. i don't have in-unit laundry, and i live in the city, so picture this… I wheel my laundry in a suitcase to the laundromat, then wheel it back and carry it up my fourth floor walk-up. it's not my favorite!

but one thing I do love is this over-door drying rack from Brabantia that folds flat and is perfect for small spaces. does anyone else have any laundry day organizational heroes that would make my least-fav activity a little more easy?

Comments

• orangebowtie
    orangebowtie Posts: 7

I also live in a small space and air dry a lot of my clothes! Similar to the over the door option you use, I've been using this collapsible tripod for a couple years now:

https://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do-Tripod-Clothes-Drying-Black/dp/B007ZSKJ1K

I love that it folds up and doesn't take up a lot of space when it's not in use.

• heyjudith
    heyjudith Posts: 13

I feel for you, having to lug your laundry elsewhere - I had to do this for years. I suggest that you take a look at Lehman's (on line lehmans.com) laundry products. They have a plunger-type gizmo that allows you to wash clothing in a sink or bathtub. You probably would not want to do everything this way, but it would cut down on what you are having to transport. I have used it in a laundry sink, and it's quite a workout, but I enjoyed it. I have one of their Amish-made wooden clothes-drying racks that I've had for many years. It's handmade and of heirloom quality. It holds lots of clothes and doesn't take up much space. You can fold it up when not in use.

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    edited August 23

I have a bigger over-door rack from Target (and it was only $15). The mesh top is perfect for drying delicates.

I also use a basin for hand-washing so I can keep the sinks clear for other things.

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

edited August 23

I definitely recommend getting The Laundry Lab bottle to cut down on lugging any heavy bottles of detergent! https://www.shoplaundrylab.com/products/the-laundry-lab-bottle-2-0

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

When my pet cut her paw and we had to take her to the vet every day to change her bandage, we got one of those big collapsible folding wagons (like this one) to cart her around — now we use it as our laundry wagon. Although I will say we call it a moral hazard, because we're way lazier about doing our laundry in a timely manner since we don't have to carry it ourselves. I simply hate doing laundry!!

• orangebowtie
    orangebowtie Posts: 7

I'm back 😀 👋 because I remembered something else I used to use when I hand washed in my apartment. I had a spin dryer. An older version of one of these that I got off Craigslist: https://laundry-alternative.com/collections/drying

Since I washed my clothes in a basin and struggled with twist drying them enough so that they weren't soaked (also tried used the towel rolling method) the spin dryer really helped. But, it does take up quite a bit of room.