I need suggestions how to decorate wall. I cannot center console because

I cannot center console so please don’t suggest that.

Tagged:

Comments

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

Hi @doretta5935 ! Thanks for the photo! How exciting, what a great canvas to work with. I love the wooden beam — and that your ceilings are so tall. As such, I'd try to find something tall to put on the right side of your console to balance it out and draw the eye upward. Maybe a floor length mirror or potted tree?

Are you allowed to paint in your space?

• doretta5935
    doretta5935 Posts: 4

yes this is my home. The color in the picture does not look like it does in person much nicer. Why did you ask?

So a tree or mirror and get rid of containers? I was just thinking a picture but not sure of size or if it should go vertical or horizontal

• doretta5935
    doretta5935 Posts: 4

Why thank you ! How did you do that? Would you beable to do that if I send you a picture of a picture I like. I would like to see the difference with a picture and the one you just did. Thank you

• heyjudith
    heyjudith Posts: 13

I like the idea of a large plant. You might also consider a gallery wall of art, with a low bench to the right of the console. Alternatively, a tall bookcase would look nice in the space as well.

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

i second a tall bookcase! even a big antique cabinet in some sort of dark wood finish could look really nice

• Roomtalk
    Roomtalk Posts: 2

it can backfire to think "have to fill that space" and then it looks just like a filled purposeless space.

Would you consider solving the visual imbalance by replacing the console with sleek wall unit the entire length of that wall. Now you can add height and actually use the shelves.

Nice looking area, good luck!

• Sophia_S
    Sophia_S Posts: 4

Id say an oversize art print myself (loving art) that way you can swap it over if you need to bring a different energy to the space…

• jenepher4310
    jenepher4310 Posts: 2
    edited August 22

Lovely space @doretta5935! I agree that either a bookcase and tall plant or a console table with gallery wall and tall plant would balance this space nicely. It’s not so much a question of “filling the space” but rather balancing the wright of the tv and tv stand on the left side.

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

Yes send me photos or post more! I'll do anything I else I can to help :)

• Lily11811
    Lily11811 Posts: 6

I would buy (and they can be quite cheap) a bunch of different size prints - an odd size makes for a more balanced aesthetic. So (looking at your pic) I would say 5, 2 smaller and 3 larger ones. You don't have to set the out as a square but make a shape that suits the wall space. I personally wouldn't use strong colours but keep them muted.

• OliviaPerez
    OliviaPerez Posts: 13

If you like galleries here are some options:)

• OliviaPerez
    OliviaPerez Posts: 13

I love the ficus! This combined with the gallery seems like a really good idea

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45

Is mounting the TV an option? If so, I'd do just that and replace the TV cabinet with something more minimalist to free up some space.