what's one small thing you do to your home before hosting friends?

CullenOrmond
CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

living with two pets, I always, always have to make sure I vacuum the floors before guests come over. even if it's just for a brief visit I hate seeing pet hair on my floors.

Comments

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 20

Expert

I fix the throw pillows and throw blankets! I feel like it's an instant refresh for the living room.

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Light a scented candle! I love having a specific scent for my home for guests to experience.

• heathercubed
    heathercubed Posts: 6
    edited August 14

Put out fresh hand towels, wipe water spots from taps and faucets, open windows and/or turn diffuser on with fresh essential oil.

Edit: Sorry I couldn't pick just one thing; I always do these things before guests come into my home.

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

hosting = the perfect time to pull out taper candles for me!

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

I'm with you on the vacuuming! So much dog hair everywhere, always haha. I love making a playlist for the evening, especially if it's something really special like a dinner party I'm planning. If I'm just having friends over casually though, it's usually a quick clean and a nice candle

• heyjudith
    heyjudith Posts: 13

I have two diffusers I use, and I put a scented candle and fresh hand towel in the powder room.

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

Cullen what a cute tablescape!! Ahead of hosting my family this week, I cleaned A LOT. I'll also make sure to stock up on beverages (we usually only have seltzer, haha) and whatever snacks the kiddos coming along may want.. chocolate milk, goldfish, you know the drill! I learned from my mom to always over-prepare food wise so that tends to be the way I prep my space.

• cahjan17
    cahjan17 Posts: 3

Give the bathroom a good cleaning.

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

I love bringing out extra throw blankets in case anyone gets cold! I also set the tone by playing a dinner playlist, light a candle, and open up the blinds/windows (depending on the time of day).