What are some hacks that will double my closet’s storage capacity?

sam_o
sam_o Posts: 50

Community Manager

What are some hacks that will double my closet’s storage capacity?

Comments

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

I would say maybe more door storage with something like this door organizer. Maybe there are shorter options that will hang below the fixed bar?

And I'm seeing some good space on your shelves. You could get some shelf risers to really dive into more of that vertical space!

• my727
    my727 Posts: 20

You could get a zippered blanket/sweater storage case to put on floor. One can fit a lot of items into such bags.

You could do an over-the-door set of 6 rounded hooks, and either stop there, hanging only shorter items on the over the door set of hooks. Ensure the set is wide enough to avoid making marks on the topmost edge of the door itself.

Or, you could take strings and tie yet a few more sets of hooks (onto that first over-the-door set of hooks) every few feet, one after the other, all the way down the door, to hang purses, hats, scarves, heavy style of necklaces, whatever's.
    However, although it would be functional, that would not be as attractive as the wooden hook you have now.

You could also use strings to tie a 2nd set of hooks onto the your current door hooks, to hang a lower down set of hooks to hang things on.
    I like the other person's remarks about adding another tier onto your closet shelves. It is possible you might be able to lift up that gray bag on the closet floor onto such a pop up shelf, giving you a bit more room to store things underneath that gray bag.
    Really, though, it does look as if you have your closet both attractive and pretty well organized as it is!! Well done, you!

• Lily11811
    Lily11811 Posts: 6

I actually think using storage that uses horizontal space would be the most effective. Stackable large draws or boxes. I speak as someone who uses clothes storage bags and they are nOT optimal.

• Lily11811
    Lily11811 Posts: 6

Try using some over the door hooks could help. I would employ stackable boxes or draws. Its just that you have some vertical spaces to use. Getting one set big enough for some of your handbags would really help with that awkward part of the door.