Need help designing combined living room and dining room

Hi!! I am moving into an apartment in a few days and I am really stuck on what to do with this combined space.

Comments

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

hi @mildly7575 ! if you have a bar or countertop in the space behind the sink/dishwasher, you could add some bar stools and make that your primary dining area. otherwise, it could look nice to get a small rectangular table and chairs to go against the far wall at the end of the room, then set up your sofa and TV/TV stand on the two walls perpendicular to that

• Cane_Corso_Mom
    Cane_Corso_Mom Posts: 1

First I rent a new duplex and have a 155lb Cane Corso so things need to be rental friendly. I bought a bunch of these panels. I cut through it with random sized circles, used some fabric soaked in starch to cover both sides. I hung them from the ceiling using fishing line so it looks like they’re floating in the air.

• OliviaPerez
    OliviaPerez Posts: 13

Share an image and maybe I can help you with an application that generates several render mode design options. Perhaps that can help you to visualize it!

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

hi @mildly7575! congratulations on moving into a new space. also, I'm OBSESSED with cane corsos and would love to see pictures of your pup in their new home. what if the area nearest the window (I'm assuming that's a window) had a couch facing toward the kitchen and two chairs opposite facing the window. behind that, I'd love to see a dining table parallel to the back of the chairs! however, I think it'd be helpful to see a photo of the actual space.

• MaxwellAT
    MaxwellAT Posts: 52

Expert

Hi @mildly7575 I'm just doing this quickly and I'm not sure of the dimensions, BUT it seems to me that your room has a clear layout which would go:
    1. barstools at counter
    2. slim dining table with chairs
    3. sofa area with rug at end of the room.

It might be a tight fit, but I think you can find small scale furniture that will accomplish this and the room will be happy!

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

This is so great! Alternatively if space is tight, perhaps a smaller round table towards the right wall where @MaxwellRyan labeled a thin dining table?

• OliviaPerez
    OliviaPerez Posts: 13
    edited August 23

I hope these images help you, they are possible layouts for the living room