What's your approach to mixing patterns in your decor?

sam_o
sam_o Posts: 50

Community Manager

edited July 27 in Design Questions

What's your approach to mixing patterns in your decor? Show us a room where you've successfully mixed patterns!

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304
    edited July 27

Ooooh I love this question and can't wait to hear everyone else's approach! I like to play with mixing pattern types (stripes, squiggles, florals!) but staying within a somewhat cohesive palette. My kitchen backsplash is a mix of checkerboard colors, the runner is striped within that palette, and the tile under the wood stove has a white/black (neutral) squiggle pattern to balance out all the brighter colors

• yyoonie91
    yyoonie91 Posts: 7

In my decor, I approach the mixing of patterns with care and creativity. When combining different patterns, I follow a few rules: I choose a common color scheme, combine large and small patterns, and add neutral elements for balance. One of my favorite examples is a living room with a bright carpet, striped pillows and floral curtains. They look harmonious together thanks to the common colors and different scales of patterns. Mixing patterns adds depth and character to the room, making it more cozy and individual. You can find interesting ideas on certain websites in the home decor sections.

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45

I actually try to avoid mixing patterns.