What easy DIYs should i do to my tiny bathroom (rental)

I have a very small bathroom, I'm renting, how can I make it more warm and attractive with contrast?
Without major work…

Thanks a lot

Comments

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

This is a beautiful bathroom!

What about adding some small artworks for color. I feel like something woven, like macrame would add some beautiful texture in here with the clay like walls. Like this one here. Good luck!

• MeganBakerDetloff
    MeganBakerDetloff Posts: 100

Expert

@jeunfrancais_ this bathroom has so much potential! I agree with the commenter above, some artwork would definitely add some personality in. So would your idea of peel-and-stick tile! A couple other ideas:

1. peel-and-stick wallpaper, like this bathroom before and after
    2. a colorful mirror, or a decal behind your existing mirror like in this bathroom before and after (they used paint, but depending on your rental agreement you may or may not be able to)

3. could you update the curtain in front of the sink to something with pattern?

4. a rug and towels can go a long way, too!

can't wait to see what you come up with!

• yyoonie91
    yyoonie91 Posts: 7

This cute little bathroom has a lot of potential! You can try painting one of the walls in a contrasting bright color to visually enlarge the space. A large mirror will work on the same principle. You can also use a small mosaic. Good luck with your transformation!

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
  • NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45

New shower curtains, bath mat, and new catchy towels, for starters? What do you think?

• jeunfrancais_
    jeunfrancais_ Posts: 9

Unfortunately, I cant put a shower curtains, but it would be great i agree !
    thanks

• CharliPenn
    CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

@jeunfrancais_ What a lovely bathroom to start with! I second many of the amazing suggestions above. I also personally think that adding plants to a bathroom really makes it instantly softer, warmer and cozier. They don't have to be large (or real if there's no natural light source) but I think I see a hint of natural light peeking in above the shower — do I? If so, what about some small floating shelves with small potted plants in patterned pots to really add character and warmth? Here's a great list of bathroom friendly plants to start with. You could also sneak in some additional storage on the shelves, again, if there's room for one. Don't forget to come back and show us what you decided on! We're looking forward to it!

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

@jeunfrancais_ I love the skirted sink moment! I was going to suggest having fun with pattern in the fabric you use, so I love what you chose. Peel and stick would look great on the wall behind the mirror, and I would also swap out the mirror to play with something asymmetric like this or something round like this since everything feels very square/rectangular in there. Can't wait to see where you end up!

• AmritaThakkar
    AmritaThakkar Posts: 23

Expert

@jeunfrancais_ What a cute bathroom! I see you can't customize much in the shower, but would you consider a colorful showerhead? The one linked is renter-friendly and would add a cute pop of color. If you're not up for that, consider adding a spray of eucalyptus for some color and a wonderful smell, or a colorful shower caddy.

• Sophia_S
    Sophia_S Posts: 4

I think colour is the answer - Id add a small coloured tiled backsplash by the sink lets say 3 rows and the same size around the bottom of the shower - I'd change the fabric on the front of vanity to compliment and maybe get an art print up in there (though it depends on the look - I just love birds).

Do show us the results

https://wildlikeart.com/products/nature-fine-art-print

• Zephy
    Zephy Posts: 20

Hi, @jeunfrancais_. My first thoughts were color and plants too. A bathmat in a color or pattern and colorful towels would help warm the room up, and since bathrooms are so small, you only need 1 or 2 touches to make a big difference. I love those star-pattern tiles, but I'd go for color rather than black and white (that's just me; I don't like black and white). I do love your toile de Jouy undersink curtain, so maybe you could use the same fabric to make hand towels? Or get solid towels/bathmat in the same blue?

As for plants, many houseplants love humid rooms like bathrooms and are fine with low light conditions. I did very well with ferns (until I went on vacation and they didn't get watered for 2 weeks and immediately died); begonias, scheffleras, and other houseplant-type plants also work well.

Anyway, bonne chance! What are the large rounded white objects over the sink?

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45

Got it. Anyway, what have you decided on for this space?