Skincare Storage needed!!!!

laneyboggs
laneyboggs Posts: 0
edited July 29 in Organizing

Hi - as someone who's spent too much money on different skincare and cosmetics, I've been on the hunt for a way to store my products safely so they maintain efficacy. Since exposure to moisture, sunlight, and temperature can impact the products, I'm thinking that the bathroom may not be right place to store/display them unless I find a really good solution to stand up against long, steamy showers. Does anyone know any moisture/light/temperature-proof storage solutions for either the bathroom or bedroom?? Note - I live in a studio apartment with minimal built in storage so bonus points if its an effective AND cute storage solution.

THANKS! been hyper fixating on this problem for far too long

Comments

• MeganBakerDetloff
    MeganBakerDetloff Posts: 100

Expert

@laneyboggs this is such a great question! it's such a struggle when the place you use something isn't actually the best place to keep that thing. How much product are we talking? Could you display everything in wall-mounted spice racks like this? If you keep it in your bedroom rather than the bathroom you might satisfy your temperature/humidity requirements.

• yyoonie91
    yyoonie91 Posts: 7

Hi, the same situation here, I keep my most valuable products, with unstable ingredients, in a plastic storage box, I'm attaching a photo of a similar one below.

When I take a quick shower, the products stay on the shelf in the bathroom. But when I have a long hot bath, I put my cosmetics in the bedroom. It is much more convenient to do this when they are already collected in one place. I also often look at portable refrigerators for cosmetics, but I don't have room for them in my bathroom

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

So I haven't personally tried this, but a friend of mine swears by this mini fridge to keep her skincare products safe!