Craft/office

user8672154
user8672154 Posts: 1

How do people organize combined spaces ?

Comments

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Designate a space for everything. It also helps if things can be put away so they're not visible.

For example, if you have space for a large cabinet that has doors it's helpful to hide away the things not in use. Same for office items. That way the room can change from one to the other, without having everything on display and feeling crowded/cluttered

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

hi @user8672154! what a great question. I think doing regular decluttering sessions and not purchasing things that will only have one us is the best way to stay organized — especially with crafting and office spaces.

• MeganBakerDetloff
    MeganBakerDetloff Posts: 100

Expert

@user8672154 hi! this is a GREAT question and something I deal with myself since my office is ALSO my craft room and our guest bedroom. I treat the space almost as if it's three separate rooms. The craft area has craft storage, the office area has office storage, the bedroom area has bedroom storage. I have to take advantage of sneaky storage spots whenever possible! I use under-the-bed space and have a pegboard in my office area that holds office supplies.

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 20

Expert

@user8672154 I also love the idea of using storage on wheels in a situation like this — like keeping craft supplies in an IKEA RASKOG cart so you can easily wheel them where you need them when you need them and then also wheel them into a corner when you don't!

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

I have my standing desk and craft table in my living room, and I think I'm able to pull it off by creating little zones for each area. My standing desk is in the center of this very large Poketo wall calendar, which unofficially designates it as my work zone. For my craft table, I keep my pencils and supplies organized in this nearby. I also painted the walls surrounded my desk a different color from the living room so it feels like its own space!