Seeking Science and Astronomy Decor Ideas for Coffee Table

tn5102
tn5102 Posts: 3
edited July 19 in Design Questions

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to add some unique decor items to my coffee table, specifically around the themes of science and astronomy 🌍️. I'm thinking of items that can spark conversation and add a touch of cosmic charm to my living room. Any suggestions for stylish and interesting pieces that fit this theme? For example, objects inspired by the solar system, planets, stars, or space exploration. What other ideas do you have, i've sent a image example to illustrate the style i'd like.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions 😀!

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304
    edited July 19

I love a good theme! I've seen some really nice coffee table books from NASA that would definitely spark up a convo! This one is beautiful and has been on my list to gift to a family member. I love this style moon light and feel like that could be really fun in your living room. Urban Outfitters also sells a nightlight version.

A few other suggestions:

• I wonder if there's a space/astronomy related board game that you could have for when guests are over? This isn't exactly that, but it's a cosmic deck. I love to have something like this for when guests are over
    • This would be so fun on a coffee table. I really like Uncommon Goods for unique items! Etsy too
    • Call me tacky, but I love those old-school stars I used to have on my bedroom ceiling as a kid. You could have a mini galaxy projector on your coffee table and really go all out 😅

• tn5102
    edited July 19

Great ideas! Those NASA coffee table books sound amazing and would definitely be a conversation starter. The moon light and nightlight from Urban Outfitters are also fantastic suggestions. A space-themed board game or a cosmic deck would be perfect for guests. I love the idea of using a mini galaxy projector on the coffee table for a fun touch. Thanks for the tips!

• tn5102
    edited July 20

Great ideas! Those NASA coffee table books sound amazing and would definitely be a conversation starter. The moon light and nightlight from Urban Outfitters are also fantastic suggestions. A space-themed board game or a cosmic deck would be perfect for guests. I love the idea of using a mini galaxy projector on the coffee table for a fun touch. Thanks for the tips!

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

wow @tn5102! I love this theme! I did a bit of sleuthing and I came across this West Elm planet-themed lamp that's super modern and chic. I also found this solar system candle holder from Etsy which would easily be a conversation starter! please share a photo once it's decorated!

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22

So this re-print could also be a fun addition. You could also DIY a serving tray with it by modge podge-ing it onto a tray!

• lees515
    lees515 Posts: 2

Cavallini makes themed papergoods (cards, notebooks, note paper) , and they include astronomy. They lean vintage , but are funky and fun. They're priced midrange, but are super cute to throw on the back of your toilet ("Oh, I was just reading about that!") , or on the coffee table, and they're sturdy. Also, space/astronomy calendars, more of a wall thing, but… Here's a Cavallini notebook from Amazon. And similar to the NASA suggestion above: come to DC & stop by the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum's gift shop. (It's online too, but it's more fun to go to DC!)