What's your favorite decor item you've inherited?

sam_o
sam_o Posts: 50

Community Manager

What's your favorite decor item you've inherited? Post a picture and tell us its history!

Tagged:

Comments

• SofiaRivera
    SofiaRivera Posts: 14

Expert

I lovee this q because it's one of my favorite parts of going to a friend's home for the first time — hearing the story behind all their decor! I cherish this silverware set from my abuelita (which fits tidily in my one-drawer kitchen, thanks to this organizer) because it reminds me of eating at her house when I was little, but also because when I set the table it's such a fun pop of bright blue.

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

My great-grandmother learned to paint with oils in her later years. She painted this in 1972, it hung in my grandma’s living room for over 30 years, and now it’s hanging in my bedroom.

• VintagebyMitzi
    VintagebyMitzi Posts: 9

This lovely old cheese dome was in my Grandma's chine cabinet and as little girl I stared at mama's china and dreamed that one day I would have home with beautiful things. Luckily it survived and I got it over 2 decades ago when I went home. It now resides on our dinner table and is used everyday, it reminds me of Mama and how comforted I am by her LOVE and support!

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

It's a tie for me between this set of green Henredon chairs that my parents got when they were married in '78 and still sport the original skirted upholstery, and this painting my nana had hanging in her kitchen!

• durrilleeinez
    durrilleeinez Posts: 2

This table has been thru hell and back.I don't remember if it was my granny's or her moms but it was almost destroyed in a fire and i had a hard time finding the round mosaic marble stone to replace the ruined one. This pattern and color was the closest match I was able to get. I haven't reworked the iron frame yet, but I will. SOON!!!