How do you keep your home organized and clutter-free?

sam_o
sam_o Posts: 50

Community Manager

edited August 29 in Decluttering Cure 2024

How do you keep your home organized and clutter-free? Share a picture of your best organization solutions!

Comments

• MaryB
    MaryB Posts: 34

I don’t really like seeing all my stuff. I’ve acquired a lot of small storage cabinets, mostly IKEA. Stuff is certainly out of sight but far too many cabinets for my small space.

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45
    edited July 19

Personally what worked for me is having a dedicated cleaning day (eg Saturday or Sunday). Other things didn't work that well.

Knowing that organizing and decluttering is something that you will need to do anyway, it starts to feel easier with time.

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

Great question! For me it's definitely a mix of keeping up with regular routines/schedules, finding the right organizers/storage finds for my space (avoid buying things just because!), and trying my best to form quick, easy habits that lead to big differences in my home. For instance, cleaning as I go.

Also, it is worth noting that accepting that my home will never be 100% tidy all of the time — and that's perfectly OK — has made a big impact for me too.