Rug Recommendations (Please!)

CullenOrmond
CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

edited July 2 in Design Questions

I want to buy a rug for my bedroom but since living in my New York City apartment I've found that between a dog, bunny, and humans in a super small space, our rugs tend to get ruined quickly. I've vowed to take care (!! fingers crossed !!) of my next rug and I think by purchasing more of an investment piece it'll force me to stay true to my promise. Do you have a favorite rug brand? If so, please share!

Comments

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 20

Expert

Cullen, would you consider a washable rug? I know several brands make them now, and I've loved that we have one whenever we've spilled on it (multiple times, ha).

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 317

I love Nordic Knots, Lulu & Georgia, Pieces Home, and Cold Picnic. But as someone with a dog who also gets things dirty often, I can say the investment piece hasn't changed the mess that much haha. I've been trying to find a good balance in finding something between total splurge investment vs. very budget-friendly. I've found some amazing rugs on All Modern that are mid-range. Also Etsy has great Moroccan rugs that tend to hide mess a little bit more 😅 I'd love to see where you land with this!!

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

thank you both for your suggestions! I'm definitely going to check out All Modern :)

• MaxwellAT
    MaxwellAT Posts: 52

Expert

@CullenOrmond I would recommend looking at Annie Selke for great rugs at good prices and quality…

She has great indoor/ourdoor rugs that I use in my dining room and are indestructible.

Also, I would look at Sisal rugs - very affordable and come quickly in any size you specify.. Sisalrugs.com is my go to

I would also recommend - because of your pets - not to get a really nice rug that you WILL worry about, but go with something great that you won't worry about..