Living Room Slowly Coming Together!

isabelaeh
isabelaeh Posts: 21
edited June 4 in Show & Tell

I just added some curtains this weekend to my living room/kitchen area as I wanted to paint the room but it's a pretty daunting task with all the nooks and curves I have with the kitchen part of the room. I definitely feel like the curtains add an additional sense of warmth! I eventually want a new couch and have to get the seat backs of the chairs adjusted (the upholster used the wrong measurements 🙃) but happy how everything is starting to look!

Comments

• MaxwellAT
    MaxwellAT Posts: 52

Expert

Nicely done @isabelaeh - where are you located? I have one additional suggestion that would really warm up the room…

• isabelaeh

@MaxwellRyan would love to hear it! I am based in Mexico City.

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

@isabelaeh i LOVE this space. The curtains are gorgeous, but so is that art and your furniture pieces! Do you own or rent? Can you add paint? I really want to see paint on the ceiling is that wild.

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

wow @isabelaeh! this is an incredible space. I really love how you've included textures and colors that welcome the outdoors in. what was/is your favorite part about designing this space?

• Rachel
    Rachel Posts: 15 ✭✭

I spy an Isabela original 😍 such a gorgeous space!!

• isabelaeh

@AdrienneBreaux Thank you! I rent but i can definitely paint (i have three other rooms painted from floor to ceiling!) I definitely love the idea of just painting the ceiling – I really like what you did in your bedroom! The only thing for me is that I really have to commit because the living kitchen area is connected to a long hallway with no division so I would continue the ceiling paint color there too, which isn't a problem I just have severe decision making issues with color hahah

• isabelaeh

@CullenOrmond thank you! It's finally starting to feel cozy 2 years later haha. I do not move fast at all with projects. Hmm I would say I loved learning that combining different textures and materials really helps make a room pop!

• isabelaeh

@Rachel thank you so much 😊

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

@isabelaeh i absolutely love your color palette! the living room looks so inviting. amazing design!!

• isabelaeh

@BlairDonovan thank you!!

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

Almost time for an AT house tour, @isabelaeh !

• isabelaeh

@DanielleBlundell almost! still refining a few things but would love to in the future! :)

• MaxwellAT

Expert

edited June 6

I had to ask location first as I thought you might be in a very warm location and you are. Nevertheless, I feel your room would really step up in look and feel with a new rug that is
    a. bigger - extending out beyond the rear feet of your furniture, which would define the sitting area in a stronger way
    b. Sisal or natural woven grass (as you have) is great, but if you can find a slight shift in color that will create a nice contrast against your wood floors you'd be in great shape.

For example, if you look at the many variations that this company, Sisalcarpet.com, has you'll see you can really change the color to make the area pop. :)

• isabelaeh

@MaxwellRyan yes we definitely want a larger/colorful rug for this space! There aren't many options here that I like unfortunately and many less options that ship here! I actually have found places that make custom rugs, I just have to save for it :) I am also into the layering look of rugs. Thank you for your suggestion!

• MaxwellAT

Expert

edited June 12

I like your idea of layering and that is often easier and cheaper to pull off - AND it allows you to keep the one you've got.

I found this on FB marketplace near you :)

• Raury
    Raury Posts: 6

It looks very comfortable. If you wanted to paint the ceilings you could leave a border around each area to delineate the each space then you wouldn’t be committed to doing it all at once.

• Cheri
    Cheri Posts: 19

I love that you placed the couch in front of the slider door… The decorating "rule" that you shouldn't block windows is old and uninspired. The way you've done your furniture arrangement is lovely. I also agree with another commenter who said pain on the ceiling might warm things up - and without the commitment of painting the nooks and crannies in the kitchen.

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

Gorgeous apartment!! Obsessed with your design instincts

• isabelaeh

@LizzyFrancis Thank you so much!

• isabelaeh

@Cheri Thank you!

• isabelaeh

@Raury Good idea – I think I'll try that!