ApartmentTherapy
ApartmentTherapy Posts: 41

Community Manager

edited July 4 in Regions

Pets need a fun space to hang out in our homes too. Share your pet's setup 🐢🐱

Comments

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

My little buddy never met a cat bed he liked. But my vintage ottoman? Can’t keep him off of it.

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

omg @losfrangeles! he's the cutest! 😻 (as is the vintage ottoman.)

• losfrangeles

Thanks, he sure is! You should see the rest of the vintage rattan set…

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

wow @losfrangeles what is your cat's name?! he is SO cute! I'm so jealous of his setup. unfortunately, I had to get rid of my dog's beds (yes, plural) because he absolutely refuses to lay on them (much prefers the couch or my bed) and I live in a small apartment so they were taking up valuable floor space. I figured if he wasn't going to use them I needed to reclaim that floor space.

• losfrangeles

His name is Frankie and he also loves to hog my bed!

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

so cute @losfrangeles !

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

truthfully, my dog Leo owns this house, haha, and has "setups" in almost every room, but here he is in his bed when I'm working in my office.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304 ✭

@CullenOrmond I'm laughing because my dog is the same way! She has 4 beds around the house, and almost always chooses the sofa or our bed instead πŸ™ƒ

• Cara
    Cara Posts: 1 ✭
    edited June 9

Hi, cheers from Poland! I live in 40 sqm apartment and I made sure that my kitties (penguin boy Sammy and tabby lady Lusia) have lot of spaces for them (they have more cat beds and spots than I have furniture to hangout haha). This is their favourite spot from where they can watch birds (my balcony is of course protected by special cat net installed by professional. Their safety is paramoun5 for me). This is just old ikea TV stand cupboard (all my furniture other than custom made kitchen cabinets are bought secondhand) and it is covered with handmade pillows made especially for them as the Xmass present 2 years ago and very soft comfortable blankies. They love that setup! There is of course also cat bed on my desk because Sammy has to assist in writing messages to my manager on teams heh

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

Blueberry has a lot of good spots (the deck is another one) but one of her favorites is under a quilt (my mom made for me!) on our Joybird couch near one of our many gallery walls!

• my727
    my727 Posts: 20 ✭

My home is very catified. Every window is now a cat hang out. We have multiple Vesper /Catit "carpet-free" cat trees all over the home, they are not bad looking. Easy to clean, and no fur build up.
    We also have a few "leafy" cat trees as well which the cats like to "hide" in… I also like those leafy trees as they afford "some" privacy to the open curtained windows.
    We have 2 cats and one cat is a clutz, often missing when he jumps, and I have placed an ugly, sort of padded card table in front of their favorite window, putting love of cat in front of cuteness, as the klutzy cat needs a larger landing runway. Actually, my 2 cats have mostly taken over the home, now that I think about it!! ..

• my727
    edited August 3

Oh, my last post, must have had TOO MANY pictures on it. Now I will probably end up double posting. sigh.
    sorry
    Meanwhile, here is my granddog,
    a tiny dog who can not see out the car window. So I got him a doggie car seat! (who knew?) It also keeps him off of my lap, increasing driver safety. There is also a tiny buckle to latch onto his harness, to reduce chances he goes flying in an accident.

His favorite spot is……. IN THE CAR !! hahahaha!!

• my727

Oh, I see now, I was posting LINKS instead of PHOTOS, ah HA!
    well, let me try again.
    My home is pretty catified, see,
    and we have turned most every window into a cat area. We have several Vesper/Catit "carpet free" cat trees, so easy to clean and less ugly. We also have several "leafy" trees for the cats to hide amongst.
    One of our 2 cats is a klutz, and needs a longer runway to land after a jump, so I ended up placing an ugly card table in front of the window, putting my cat's safety above the look of the window.

We also have to use puddling curtains as our one cat likes to hide in the curtains.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304 ✭

Look at this cat kingdom! I love their setup. And yes, the tiny grand dog is PRECIOUS. My dog also loves car rides. She's too big for a car seat, but the strap is a great idea for safety