Paint, wallpaper or both?

CharliPenn
CharliPenn Posts: 57

Expert

edited July 2 in Design Questions

Hi therapists! Could use some help. Our dining room paint color bores us. We want to create a moodier vibe but not clash with the neutrals throughout the rest of our open concept home. The chairs are teal, all of the accents are brass/gold and most of the walls are windows. Should we pick a glam wallpaper (in neutral or metallic tones?) or paint it a deeper color? Maybe a grey? Help! We could also just wallpaper one accent wall (behind the single window wall) and paint the rest. Here are some photos from different angles/seasons/times of day. I should add that we're also not married to the curtains. Again, help design crowd! (Thanks in advance.)

Comments

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

Can I just say I LOVE your ceilings and crown molding. To die for!!

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 308

Wow, your crown molding!! Would you ever consider wallpapering the ceiling?! It would be such a fun surprise when you look up. I also love the idea of painting the dining room a deeper color that plays well with any accent colors in your house. For some reason, a rich jewel-tone color comes to mind—something that will envelop the dining room and make it feel like its own little moment.

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

@CharliPenn your dining room is so incredible! I think @DanielaAraya has a point with leaning into jewel tones or I was thinking like a deep navy would make it feel cozy and moody — almost cocoon-like!

• Rachel
    Rachel Posts: 15 ✭✭

wow — popping by to say I love the idea of wallpapering the ceiling since it's such a gorgeous focal point!

• AdrienneBreaux
    AdrienneBreaux Posts: 70

Expert

DEFINITELY WALLPAPER!!! I think some pattern could be quite fun in here.

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

@CharliPenn i LOVE this space! i think i'm team paint here, though! you have so many pretty accents and a fresh coat of paint could help play them up so well. agreed that some sort of jewel tone would look amazingggg

• AmritaThakkar
    AmritaThakkar Posts: 23

Expert

@CharliPenn joining in on the jewel tone train!

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

I think paper the inner squares and then paint the trim something funky to tie it all together!