Hello, Apartment Therapist Community!

DanielleBlundell
DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

edited July 2 in Regions

Hi there, new AT Community friends! Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself, since I'll be hanging out here this morning answering design questions and will be back fairy regularly, along with the rest of team AT. I'm Danielle Blundell (it rhymes!), and I've been working at Apartment Therapy FT covering style and design since 2019 (and have written for the site since 2016). Prior to that, I covered the home at a few other media brands, including This Old House (yes, I have met and DIYed alongside Tommy Silva, 10/10 would recommend the experience!). My love of homes is matched only by my love of hockey (life-long NY Rangers fan here, so every other night you can catch me watching the team in the playoffs right now! #LGR!). Then on the weekends, I've been hitting designer sales, secondhand vintage stores, and outlets to furnish my newish-to-me home, a 1928 Neo-Colonial/Craftsman hybrid in an NYC bedroom community in NJ). I can't wait to e-meet you all, and I'm already so inspired by how amazing everyone's spaces and decorating ideas are!

Comments

• MakingHomeWithApril
    MakingHomeWithApril Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

Hello! I was raised in Jersey City. Were you raised in New Jersey, or did you move there?

• DanielleBlundell

Expert

@MakingHomeWithApril From Ridgewood and lived in Hawthorne as well when I was a kid before moving to VA at age 10. Then lived in NYC for years and just moved back to NJ about a year and a half ago. Family is back here, too, for the most part, but my family is very small!

• Patestyle80sBaby
    Patestyle80sBaby Posts: 1

Hi Danielle!- I'm from Elizabeth NJ, 15 mins from Midtown, lived on UES NYC 2o years now in SoCal! Great to meet you!

Patti

• DanielleBlundell

Expert

Neighbors! @Patestyle80sBaby !

• MakingHomeWithApril

@Patestyle80sBaby My best friend lives in Elizabeth. I was raised in Jersey City, so not far away.

• Shakulik
    Shakulik Posts: 1

Hi Danielle! I'm from sunny (although gloomy now) LA. Nice to meet you all!

• MakingHomeWithApril

@DanielleBlundell Some days I miss it, and some days I don't. The cost of living works so much better for my family out here in Ohio.

• Unit2
    Unit2 Posts: 1

Hi there! I’m just over the Charles River from Boston in the second floor unit of a three-condo 1890 farmhouse.

• tonidbailey
    tonidbailey Posts: 7

Hi! I’m checking in from Chicago, IL. I own a four bedroom, single family, split level in a historic neighborhood built in the 50’s. I’m excited to be here. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to learn as I finally attempt to complete some rooms after being here for seven years. Life has been lifing and things haven’t gone as planned.

• DanielleBlundell

Expert

@tonidbailey I've been here a year and change and have yet to do much other than paint and buy some furniture so I hear you! I do think it's good to live in a place to see what you really want to change/what bothers you most though!

• mexicosue
    mexicosue Posts: 5

Greetings from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We live on the marina in Vallarta and own a beautiful condo which is our retirement home. Decorating is my passion and our home is comfortable, cosy and filled with books, family pictures, candles and plants. Excited to be a part of this new community!