Entryway decor suggestions

meg6128345
meg6128345 Posts: 1
edited October 9 in Design Questions

Hi! I just moved into my first solo apartment and am getting stuck on decorating the main room. Any advice for decorating this entry way - particularly the large empty wall? I have a gallery wall set up in the room it leads to with a lot of records and small paintings, so I’m thinking of having bigger pieces on this wall but am not sure where to start. I’d like it to feel homey when you come in, but not too cluttered or narrow. I’m renting so can’t paint or make any big changes besides basic decor unfortunately. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• wendy6983
    wendy6983 Posts: 9

I had this same dilemma! I used thumb tacks/pushpins to display a colorful Mexican rug along the wall.

• natalie8827
    natalie8827 Posts: 7

I would set up a coat rack on one of the walls to your right and a gallery wall of family and friends photos in precisely the same muted names directly opposite the kitchen door. This way, it becomes a talking point for when you have guests and you're in the kitchen. Alternatively - and depending on your light - a high shelf with pot plants on the large wall to the left. Good luck!

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 62

Expert

congrats on your first solo apartment! the first thought i had was, "Wow that this is a PRIME spot for a picture rail." one of my favorite home content creators did this and it's such a chic way to display art (we wrote about it here)

https://www.instagram.com/reserve_home/reel/CgKNUBegrm1/

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 388

Oooo I love Blair's idea of a picture rail. You could also do a mix of picture rail and a slim entryway table when you walk in. Something like this would give you a place for your keys/mail and add some storage without being in the way!