Turning a pillowcase into wall art

Victakespics
Victakespics Posts: 2
edited October 8 in Design Questions

I recently bought this amazing hand-embroidered pillowcase on a trip to Mexico showcasing a bunch of vibrant, multi-colored birds (my apartment is full of bird-themed decor, I have an obsession). It's so delicate and interesting that instead of using it as a pillowcase, I want to showcase it on a wall instead, but I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to hang it! Should I frame it? Hang it like a tapestry with a wooden hanger? Would love any suggestions!

Tagged:

Comments

• wendy6983
    wendy6983 Posts: 9

I used thumb tacks to attach mine to a simple piece of thin wood. Wrap each end of a coordinating cord ( tassels and beading a plus!)on each end of the wood loosely so that you can hang it from the middle on a tiny nail.

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 25

Expert

@Victakespics that is a truly, truly stunning piece! I would personally frame it — that way it would be better protected, as well. I've had a lot of success taking pieces to Framebridge for a custom frame, if helpful!

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 62

Expert

YESSSS VICKY I LOVE THIS! i vote framing. a fashion tiktoker i follow framed like a fabric tapestry (you can see it in the background here) and i love how it looks with the white backdrop and a really thin, simple frame

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 388

The colors here are amazing!! Protect them at all costs and go with the frame 😍

• ross08292773
    ross08292773 Posts: 2

I would frame it in a white box frame

• samsara003043
    samsara003043 Posts: 2
    edited October 15

Hi, Vicky. That’s a wonderful textile! The colors and detail are gorgeous. I agree with the others that framing would be best, since the fabric isn’t long enough to hang with a wooden rod. I think either a simple black frame or better yet, any one of the bold colors such as red or violet would stand out on a wall and draw the viewer in. Thank you for sharing!