Peel and stick

Poohbear
Poohbear Posts: 1
edited September 14 in Design Questions

I rent, and the kitchen floor is old and tarnished. Has anyone used the peel-and-stick tiles? Are they worth it? Also, what about a kitchen backsplash peel and stick any ideas, espically if your landlord is not keen on them

Comments

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

hi @Poohbear! admittedly, I've never used peel-and-stick floor or backsplash tiles before but our editor shared three mistakes to avoid before installing removable backsplash! this might come in handy if you decide to install!

• AmritaThakkar
    AmritaThakkar Posts: 25

Expert

Hi @Poohbear! I've never used peel-and-stick tiles either but I've been considering them. We covered how DIYers felt about their peel-and-stick transformations after five years — it might help you make a decision!

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

I have used it and had a bad experience, but that was over 5 yeas ago, and I do think the product options have come a long way; I'd suggest these Chasing Paper tiles because they are designed to come off easily, whereas I used a contractor grade tile that, I think, wasn't meant to be reversible without a lot of effort: https://chasingpaper.com/collections/tile

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 309

I've used them on kitchen floors before, and while I do think it was worth it, considering I didn't like the look of the floor before, there was some minor wear and tear after 1.5 years. Depending on how large of a floor space you're working with, they can be pricey though! I'd weigh out the pros and cons. I used Quadrostyle if you want to check them out

• ktrvrn9750
    ktrvrn9750 Posts: 2

i did and am still installing peel and stick tiles behind my kitchen backsplash. I went too fast and should have measured better, but these work well. 3 months and still finishing. It shouldn't take so long! I just am slow poke and do everything at the same time. If you make a contract with the landlord, you will remove and paint prior to moving. They may allow. Landlords can’t take on extra projects in between tenants, and I bet that is why they are hesitant to say yes.