Best pans for cooking?

After a few great years with my beautiful Caraway pans, I'm searching for something new! I suspect I've turned the heat up too high while using my pan because the non-stick isn't really non-stick anymore, and it's looking burnt 😣 What pans are you all using in the kitchen? Do you have one you really love? Let me hear your recs!

Comments

• LizzyFrancis
    LizzyFrancis Posts: 54

Expert

@DanielaAraya! I am going to recommend basically expensive things, but I really think 1) stainless steel (I am an all-clad convert), cast iron (Lodge, pre-seasoned is my favorite way to go), and coated cast iron (like Le Creuset, Staud, etc) are your best bets for quality, long-lasting, workhorse cookware.

Nonstick pans are great (I have an All-Clad one myself) but you need to replace them every 5 years or so because, as you say, the nonstick wears off. I recommend slowly but surely replacing your biggest workhorses with the splurges — they will last you for life. Plus, they're pretty!

My favs: a dutch oven or two, (I have a vintage Le Creuset and a Martha Stewart branded one), a casserole buffet (can use anywhere), two sizes of cast iron (big and small), A little griller (for grilling chicken, etc,) and some stainless steel pots and pans (because, let's face it, I'm never going to get that temperature rule right.)

An annoying answer, I know, but I think it'll save you money in the long run!

Plus - sur la table is always running sales…

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

If you stick with non-stick hahah, my test kitchen culinary friends recommend Greenpan's Valencia line: https://www.macys.com/shop/product/greenpan-valencia-pro-healthy-ceramic-nonstick-8-9.5-11-frypan-set?

• homiexpert
    homiexpert Posts: 2
    edited August 30

If you're looking for a non stick option that doesn't stick, I highly recommend checking out the Lock & Lock Easy Wok Non-Stick Stir-Fry Pan. It's my tried and tested option, perfect for cooking stir-fries and other high-heat dishes. The non-stick surface is durable, and the pan is designed to handle higher temperatures better than some other non-stick options. Plus, it's lightweight and easy to handle, so Win-Win!

Since I love roasted chickens, my second go to option is a non stick roasting set (got mine from Fecklemann). This set is perfect if you're looking for something versatile that can handle everything from roasting veggies to baking casseroles. The non-stick coating ensures easy cleanup, and the pans are durable enough to last through many meals.

Both options provide great value and are excellent for everyday cooking. Just be sure to follow the care instructions to keep the non-stick surfaces in good shape! Happy cooking! 😊

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

I'm loving this thread because I too want to switch out my cookware. I've been really interested in stainless steel — thanks for flagging the brand you use, @LizzyFrancis!

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

Not an annoying answer at all! This is exactly what I was hoping for 🤗 It makes sense that the more classic expensive ones give you more of a run. I've heard amazing things from anyone who has All-Clad and Le Creuset so maybe I'll check those out first. Oh and I'm SO overdue for a cast iron. My husband has been talking about that for so long haha

• DanielaAraya

Looks like it sold out on Macy's but I'm on their website now. Thanks Danielle!!

• DanielaAraya

We stay making stir fry and bibimbap bowls in this household on HIGH heat, so I'll have to check this out! TY!