Do you need 2 nightstands in the master bedroom, even a small master bed room?

Jay
Jay Posts: 2

I have 2 nightstands with matching lights on each side. I sleep alone and my room isn't huge. I want to downsize bedroom for more space but my bed is on an 18 inch frame so it looks bigger than it is. Would it look bad if i removed one?

Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

hi @Jay! I'd love to see a photo of your space so I can better tailor my advice. however, if you're wanting to free up space in your bedroom — I don't see any issue with removing a nightstand, especially if you're not using it! if you're wanting to balance the space, maybe you might consider adding a floor lamp or potted plant to the other side?

• heathercubed
    heathercubed Posts: 6
    edited August 6

I don't have 2 nightstands and am looking to replace the one table that I did keep to use as a nightstand, so this question coming up is timely for me; I recently downsized from a queen to a twin bed so 2 nightstands would have looked odd to my eye. However, even though I have kept a small space between my bed and the wall on the one side, it still needs something, so will be checking back here to see what others suggest for yours.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

I think it depends on what you're working with and how you want the space to function! If you are craving more space and don't need the second nightstand, I agree with @CullenOrmond and would get rid of it. You can always find a balance (if your bed is centered and you feel like it needs something where the nightstand was) with something else that would make better use of the space. Do send pics!

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

I also think you could mix and match with something wider on one side and ultra-skinny on the other! My hot take when it comes to nightstands is that they don’t have to match.

• ECLAIR1951
    ECLAIR1951 Posts: 2

I have a small bedroom with a single bed, which is against the wall. Therefore I have only one nightstand. Nightstands are to put your stuff on so if there’s only you, two is not necessary. I have a very simple metal bedside table from IKEA.