Declutter Redesign & Relax..

teresa4444
teresa4444 Posts: 2 ✭
edited August 29 in Decluttering Cure 2024

I've decided it's time for a fresh new organized relaxing kind of life and I'm gonna make it happen 😁! Would appreciate any fresh new or even just different and simple ideas. Time to clean house ! Thanks πŸ™

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304 ✭

Aw I love this for you, @teresa4444! Do you have any photos to share so we can give some ideas tailored specifically to the area you need help in?

• Ms_Vickie2024
    Ms_Vickie2024 Posts: 3 ✭

You and I are on the same path! I am decluttering years of stuff to have more breathing room in my home. I have found that it is a journey in phases. At first I could trash or donate what I did not want in my life easily. Then I got to the family things from generations past, kid stuff and stuff that brought up memories I did not want to deal with. I now have an β€œI don’t want to deal with it now”box in my closet. As time goes on I am having a much easier time getting the sentimental and emotional dealt with and out in a place of honor.

• AlisonGoldman
    AlisonGoldman Posts: 20

Expert

@teresa4444 , this is so exciting! Apartment Therapy actually *just* launched sign-ups for the Decluttering Cure β€” it kicks off on Sept. 16, so I feel like this could be perfect for you!

• SarahEverett
    SarahEverett Posts: 51

Expert

@teresa4444 hi! I recommend tackling one small project at a time. do you have anything that’s #1 on your to-do list in your home?

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

Way to go @teresa4444 !! Decluttering can be a lengthy process, but taking it one step at a time is my biggest recommendation. You can check out this really amazing guide on decluttering the entire home: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ultimate-guide-decluttering-37418107 and join us in September for our free Decluttering Cure program: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/decluttering-cure-2024-sign-up-37416891. We'll be decluttering for two weeks, one spot at a time!

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45 ✭
    edited September 4

Decluttering and organizing are so underrated, thanks for sharing. As for the suggestions, I'd recommend going through your stuff every month or two and getting rid of things you don't like/use.

Most importantly, make decluttering as enjoyable as possible and don't rush and don't try to organize everything at once.

• Mia81953410
    Mia81953410 Posts: 1 ✭

Thanks that makes sence ...it can get overwhelming to do it all at once!