What’s the best sofa for small spaces?

sam_o
sam_o Posts: 50

Community Manager

edited August 26 in Design Questions

What’s the best sofa for small spaces?

Are there any brands that are better than others, affordable, or just look super stylish in a small space?

Comments

• MaryB
    MaryB Posts: 34

Danielle, love that sofa

• NikiCreatives
    NikiCreatives Posts: 45

I think the ones that have thin armrests and can be transformed into a bed space.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304
    edited August 2

When I lived in a studio apartment, I had a Burrow two-seater sofa and loved it! Their couches are modular so I was able to expand it when I moved into a bigger space.

• Bmc1213
    Bmc1213 Posts: 1

We got the Panna Loveseat from Lazzoni. We looked in-person at a lot of different brands and this was easily the best for our small space.

The backrests move forward and backward so it can create more depth/room while still being short enough to comfortably fit in our narrow living room.

Comfy and big enough to sleep on too! Only downside is it takes a few weeks to a month to be manufactured and delivered, but they offer loaner futons while you wait.

• losfrangeles
    losfrangeles Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

If you’re on a budget, don’t overlook World Market. I got a really comfortable two-seater sofa (that folded out into a guest bed) from World Market in 2009 and kept it for a good decade until I found the vintage living room set I have now. It was still in good shape structurally (one of my cats was pretty rough on the fabric), so I was able to give it away to someone who planned to reupholster it.

• sally7185
    sally7185 Posts: 1

Thanks for suggestions…will see what I might work out in this crazy old house!

• sima8221
    sima8221 Posts: 3

hey, I totally get where you’re coming from! Sofa beds can be a real game-changer in smaller spaces. Just make sure you’re cool with the mattress quality and how easy it is to switch between the sofa and bed. Also, don’t forget to think about how it fits with your room’s vibe.