Decluttering & Organizing Your Kitchen

yumiirecipe
yumiirecipe Posts: 1
edited August 29 in Decluttering Cure 2024

Hey everyone,

One day, I was making my dream bubble tea in the kitchen. As I was washing ingredients, the sink got clogged, and I realized how chaotic the space under my sink had become. That incident pushed me to organize my kitchen better. Here are the tips I used:

Under the Kitchen Sink

1. Stackable Bins: I started using bins to store cleaning supplies.
  2. Tension Rod: I hung spray bottles on a rod to free up space.
  3. Lazy Susan: A Lazy Susan helps me reach items at the back easily.

Pantry Organization

1. Clear Containers: I store items in clear containers and label them.
  2. Group Items: Similar items are now grouped together.
  3. Shelf Risers: Risers help me stack items neatly.

Countertops

1. Limit Appliances: I keep only daily-use appliances on the counter.
  2. Trays and Caddies: Trays help organize small items.
  3. Daily Cleanup: Spending a few minutes each day tidying up has made a big difference.

These tips transformed my kitchen. Do you have any organizing hacks? Share them here!

Comments

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 309

@abbystar tagging you here since you were just asking for under the sink kitchen recs 🤗

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

wow @yumiirecipe! thanks so much for sharing these — definitely bookmarking these ideas for when I (finally and begrudgingly) tackle underneath my sink. 😥

• BlairDonovan
    BlairDonovan Posts: 53

Expert

@yumiirecipe i love the idea of using a tension rod for spray bottles! would you mind sharing a link to the one you used?

• StephanieNguyen
    StephanieNguyen Posts: 87

Expert

@yumiirecipe these are such smart ideas! I love using lazy Susans all over my home. In the kitchen, I have them holding condiments in a cabinet and even in the fridge as my go-to coffee and creamer turntable.

I am also big on "cleaning as you go" person, because spending time doing something so small can lead to such a big impact.