Your home unstyled, just for fun!

DanielaAraya
DanielaAraya Posts: 304
edited July 28 in Regions

I've been loving @jessiefind's new Instagram series "Home Unstyled," where she shows her home real and unstyled. In the spirit of keeping it real, who wants to be brave and share an unstyled version of their home? 😬

I'll go first: I've been hosting family the last few days, which has been amazing and busy. Needless to say, I've been ignoring tidying my bedroom, and my clothing pile stack has gotten out of control. I still haven't placed my new Moroccan rug under the bed to replace the runners on the side — and this is just one view of the bedroom haha

Tagged:

Comments

• diana72
    diana72 Posts: 2

It's easy to show off an untidy home when you have a sound quality house and sound furnishings that are not junk, a house that is not pieced together by a slum lord who won't fix anything. But when you are poor and it's all you can afford... it's depressing. And if you know anything about depression, it tends to show in the way one lives. Even when I try to organize, declutter and all that, it's like my eyes only filters, yuck. I have no idea how to let go of things since my children are all grown. I use to always think I can collect things, so that "one day" I will refurbish and/or repurpose it and I never do. That's gotta be like hording. Ugh. I stopped doing this about 3 tears ago, but I did it for YEARS before that. Anyways, I'm sure if I got raw with my photos you would wish I'd get help mentally and get a new rental…. I use to have a knack for cleaning and organizing.… even decorating, but my body just can't do the things it once could, i carry a lot of pain, and my energy levels are in the toilet. But I'm genuinely looking forward to see every one else's brave photos.

• diana72
    diana72 Posts: 2

(Oops, I wasn't done)

But... on a positive note, as I'm not all gloomy & doomy, I am trying to get out of my funk of depression... to connect with who I once was before this and make her a better version for myself, then everyone else. I'm going to do something about my home to regain peace and build a safe haven once again. This is why I joined this website. I want to do and be better and sometimes that takes just being inspired by others creativity and even more so, them just being real about it all.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

Oh Diana, thank you for sharing all of this. The reason why Jessie’s instagram series resonated with me was because it shows a glimpse of real life, that what you see online isn’t reality (which we all know)—but you sharing all of this is the bravest and most honest version of keeping it real, so I commend you. And on the second piece of your message, yes to all of this! You've come to the right place. This is a judgement-free zone to share and learn and get inspired. I encourage you to poke around and discuss. Rooting for you and really glad you're here 🩷