Complementary rugs

I just bought 3 rugs on my lunch break to try in my new space. Wondering… when two rooms are within eyeshot of each other, do you make sure the rugs complement the other? 👀

Tagged:

Comments

• SNandez
    SNandez Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Personally, I feel when rooms are visible from one to the other there should be some cohesion so it flows, but not everything has to match. If the rugs you choose are two very different styles or colors, you can tie the rooms together through other matching colors on walls or accent pieces, or textures in fabric on furniture and curtains.

At the end of the day, it's your home, so when you look at the pieces and feel happy - then it's a success!

• CullenOrmond
    CullenOrmond Posts: 149

Expert

hi @Copyright1981! I'd love to see the rugs you chose for your room. I think having different rooms to differentiate the spaces is a great idea! But I also agree with @SNandez that if there are subtle similarities between each that helps to create a flow between rooms!

• DanielleBlundell
    DanielleBlundell Posts: 61

Expert

I think you can mix and match for sure — and go bold in one room and maybe subtle in the next — but if you can keep some common colors through both, that’ll only add cohesiveness to your spaces.

• DanielaAraya
    DanielaAraya Posts: 304

I would love to see the rugs you chose, too! But I'm all for mixing and matching if it feels good to you